StromTrooper banner

Tires?

7K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  oleblu72 
#1 ·
Tire Replacement??strictly For Hard Top Use.brand,size,
Etc. Thanks

G
#2 ·
I'm a couple of hundred miles into a set of Bridgestone Battleax BT020's and love them. They handle like street tires ought to. I have also used Metzler's Lazertec tires. They were okay but low on the wow factor. These BT020's are really nice. Other people have been saying good tings about the Michelin Pilot Road tires as well. And Bridgestone just released the Battlewing tires here in the States, but I don't know anyone who has used these yet.

#3 ·
Anakee's

I just installed two Michelin Anakee's on my 650 this past weekend. I went with the "H" rated models in the stock sizes. The bike handles much better than that stock trailwings. It seems to turn into corners much smoother and not follow road ridges.

#4 ·
Can't go wrong with a set of Tourances!!

I've got my new rear scrubbed in nicely and it's a substantial improvement over the stockers.

I think I'll be running the BT020's next, since I'm 98% street. I've heard nothing but good about them.

#11 ·
Dittos on the Avons. I wore out 3 sets on my old Concours and loved them. I have a set on my Wee and expect at least as many miles out of them. MUCH better wear than the Tourances, (which I also love but I'm done with the "off-road" fun for awhile), and truly awesome wet weather grip.

#6 ·
Add my vote for the 020's. I've on my third rear in 25K+ miles (1 1/2 fronts) and have thrashed eraah ridden them in a pretty wide variety of weather/pavement/not so paved conditons. Very predictable at or slightly beyond the limits of traction with the added bonus of superior wet weather traction and control.

#7 ·
I have a BT020 on the front and a Bridgestone Exedra on the rear, slightly oversize at 160/70, and the bike handles much better than on the Trailwings. The taller profile of the 160/70 raises the gearing a little as well, and I hardly ever scrape the pegs anymore either. Just some food for thought. Looking at the other responses to your question, it would appear that pretty much all the decent brand tyres work well on the Strom.

#18 · (Edited)
#13 ·
I'd love nothing more than to run Z6's on the Strom. Problem is you're only gonna get a rear tire. Metzeler teased us for a couple months by listing a 19" front, but then yanked it before it ever got produced. :mad:

So if matched pairs are your thing, better off with the 020's or Tourance. Depends on your application.

#15 ·
Karoo's ,

Collin i looked at those but I was informed ( possibly in error ) that those are tube type tires & would not yeild acceptable results on my 05 DL1K ..If I am in error would some one please let me know :-D thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.