StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, which tires would you
22,000 Km average per year, 95% on road.
front tire 150/70R-17 69H
Rear 110/80R-19 59H
Thanks ? Vstrom650.jpg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Type Tires in the search box above. Not trying to be snotty, but there are several helpful threads already on this forum that deal with all things relating to tires. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just to get you started - Michelin Pilot Road Trail or Shinko 705 - make sure you get the tubeless ones.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like my annikie III's, but there is nothing wrong with michelin pilot rode. I have never used shinko 705's but I wonder if the aggressive tread pattern might wear fast for 95% on road use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I like the Shinko 705. I run them on my Africa Twin and Himalayan. They are decent on the road and on dirt roads. They are cheap. And they seem to last lots of miles. When my OEM tires get worn out I'll probably put Shinko 705s on the V-strom 650.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Bridgestone Battlewings (BW501 & BW502).
Battlewings are my go to tire. I do almost all road riding with the occasional dirt road. They're cheap and get good mileage, Il get 13-14K miles, no complaints.

I've used Conti Trail Attacks a few times, good mileage, they turn in slower.

Also used Pilot Road 3 years ago on my Aprilia, fantastic tire, transformed the handling on that bike, good mileage too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
+1 for Michelin Road 5 Trails. I continue to use them on my Strom. Some of the best tyres I have ever used on the road.
I must be doing something wrong, I got better mileage from previous MR4. Always meticulous about pressures, so that's not it.??

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used Shinko 705’s, Michelin Pilot Road 4 Trails and Michelin Road 5 Trails. They are all fine tires. Metzler Tourance is another good tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried the Metzer Tourance Next and I didnt like them one bit. They would slip on corners and I felt unsafe so made a note never ever to buy these again.
I went back to the Michelin Road Trail 5 which is a great tyre. A little more expensive but unsurpassed performance on the road.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I tried the Metzer Tourance Next and I didnt like them one bit. They would slip on corners and I felt unsafe so made a note never ever to buy these again.
I went back to the Michelin Road Trail 5 which is a great tyre. A little more expensive but unsurpassed performance on the road.
My friend has a 2015 DL1000 and rides it like a sportbike on the Tourances (not Nexts). I agree the Michelins are great.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Am now on my second set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tires. Stick like crazy in the dry, never had an issue in the rain. The first rear gave me 10,939 miles and had 3/32 left. Did alot of full camp gear slabbing to get to the fun roads...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I must be doing something wrong, I got better mileage from previous MR4. Always meticulous about pressures, so that's not it.??
Obviously there are different priorities. Mine is sideways or leaned over grip wet or dry. As such good mileage is secondary.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Obviously there are different priorities. Mine is sideways or leaned over grip wet or dry. As such good mileage is secondary.
Well grip is great, no chicken strips, worn clean to side wall ring, but hey, 70 year olds need great mileage.??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts