StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the Road Attacks on my V have about 8,000 miles on them, and the rear is definitely squared off.
I actually have two questions: :mrgreen:
1. The front isn't horribly worn, in fact, probably has 1/2 the tread left, so, should I replace it too, or wait till it's done? The tire is 2 years old.
2. I found a 150/70-17 "Mileage" Road Attack that is supposed to grip like a sport tire, but wear longer, which I'd like. But, it's "Z" rated. The existing front, and all the replacement fronts I've seen are "V" rated. I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem to have a Z on the rear and a V on the front, do you?
Thanks.

BTW - I REALLY like the Road Attacks, especially since 99.99% of my riding is on pavement. Just super tires.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
What you have to worry about is the manufacturers rating for the bike not what's on the tyres.
Whatever the manufactures bike rating for tyres is as long as you have that level or higher (for example if the plate says V and you have Z that's fine, if the plate says V and you have H that's a non no) you are okay.
A Z rated tyre will way out perform anything and sane person would want to do on a Strom.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
What are you using on the front? I can't find a 19" Road Attack anywhere. Or did you mean Trail Attack? :confused:

As far as mixing those speed ratings, it's no problem unless you spend a lot of time Stromming at over 149mph.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can't find a 19" Road Attack anywhere.
Tire Express
$121.08 delivered.

I went ahead and got a new front, too.

Those are just really superb tires. :thumbup:

LOL - My Stromming occurs at a much more sedate pace!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts