StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of TKC 80's on my 1K. These tires were used but only had 900 miles on them. According to the side wall of the tires, max pressure is 35
psi. The factory tire pressure is 36/36 f/r for solo and 36/41 f/r for two up. I was out riding the other day and went into a turn some what aggressively. My back side puckered when the back of the bike seemed to skip/slid several times in the corner.
Here is some background... I am running 35psi in both tires, I have 10wt new fork oil filled to factory height, a SuperBrace, 1" raising link on the rear, the suspension is set to almost all the up.(about 1 notch soft both front and rear)
I have read all the threads I can find about these tires and all I can remember is that there were no problems on the way they handle. THESE THINGS SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!
Is there something I need to change in the bike set up to get better handling? I like every thing about these tires but the corners.
Any help or ideas? I know several have run these tires, what has your experiences been??

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Dude,

You're riding on tiny little squares of rubber what do you expect? They damn sure are not going to take a turn like a road tire. Be careful, you're one of the good ones and we'd hate to lose you. :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Take out the raising links. I have an adjustable shock on mine when raised to the fullest it makes the rear kind of squirrely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts