StromTrooper banner

Tires in Greater Toronto Area?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mulewright 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My rear tire is getting to the point of needing replacement (close to 16,000 km) I kind of like the idea of the Conti Road Attack tires but could be swayed to other tires and I have nothing against the stock tires.

I don't go off road, I might see the odd bit of gravel but that is rare, and most of my riding is commuting and little runs up north now and then. I don't think I push my bike in the handling department.

I have seen the discussion about Rosey Toes and know exactly were it is and would have no problem going there to have tires installed.

My question: Where do I get tires from at a half way decent price? Would Rosey Toes supply them? My brother mentioned a place in Montreal (moto International) that had really good tires price but I can't seem to get any response from them via email.

Any help and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

See less See more
#3 ·
Parker Bros Motorsports on Dundas to order the tires and Rosey Toes to Install them. Best prices I found. I ran an ME880 Rear that managed 30,000km and an Avon Venom X that currently has over 16,000km with plenty of life left still. My HR guy purchased my old Strom.

Hi All,

My rear tire is getting to the point of needing replacement (close to 16,000 km) I kind of like the idea of the Conti Road Attack tires but could be swayed to other tires and I have nothing against the stock tires.

I don't go off road, I might see the odd bit of gravel but that is rare, and most of my riding is commuting and little runs up north now and then. I don't think I push my bike in the handling department.

I have seen the discussion about Rosey Toes and know exactly were it is and would have no problem going there to have tires installed.

My question: Where do I get tires from at a half way decent price? Would Rosey Toes supply them? My brother mentioned a place in Montreal (moto International) that had really good tires price but I can't seem to get any response from them via email.

Any help and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

#6 ·
As far as i can see the ME880 doesn't come in the right size for the V_Strom. What size did you use?

..Tom

#4 ·
Success with Tourance

Hi, V-Tom.

I enjoyed riding with you to Haugen's, and I hope we can do it again. My tour of duty in the GTA is extended to September 21, but right now I am in St. John's Newfoundland, a very fine place to spend Canada Day.

I have a set of Metzler (or do I mean Metzeler?) Tourance tires, that I purchased online. I chose these tires because of good reports on this site. I add my praise. Yesterday I put 560 kilometers on my tires here in Newfoundland. The roads in Newfoundland are not very good; in fact, I learned the pot-hole dodge and the crater-hop during the ride. The crater-hop was a poor choice by a rider who failed to dodge. His tire lost most of its air, and his rim is now bent. I confidently swerved around potholes, and successfully rode 33 kilometers of gravel road with no problems, save a tad of nervousness on my part.

My Tourance tires are excellent. You challenge tires more than I do, but not a lot. I believe tires like mine would suit your style of riding. They probably will not last a lot longer than the original Trailwings.

I had my tires installed at Cyclewerx, 1660 Bloor Street West, while I waited. I did them one at a time, bringing in the rear wheel only on one day, and riding there another day and removing the front wheel myself. You may need, as I did, to borrow a 12 mm hex key to remove the front axle. Mr. Suzuki did not give us that tool, and I believe he should have. I recommend you bring a twenty-dollar bill per wheel, plus a few heavy coins to serve as a tip ... but nobody in Ottawa or at Queen's Park heard me say this.

I repeat, Cyclewerx did excellent work.

Keith

#5 ·
Can you guys clear up the difference between the ME880 and Tourance tires?

If I am reading things correctly, the Tourance are more of a dual-purpose tire where the ME880 are more of a Touring tire?

If my priority is longer life road use then the ME880 would last longer?

Do any of you know much about the Conti Road Attack tires?

..Tom

#9 ·
Still running 'Trail attacks' on mine & quite happy with them.
Overall a exceptional value, great mileage, wet weather performance.
Next time I'll go w/ a more street tire like a Avon Storm.
Fantastic street tire!
I discovered that you can actually drag pegs, in comfort with them.
I got almost 10k out of the rear on my '93 GS1100 G.
Lighter steering, and very predictable.
I highly recommend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.