StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah that got your attention didn't it.

OK lets get this cleared up straight away......I am a TA. (not a technical assistant)
After a little heads up from old mate OneOff I purchased some tires from Motorcycle Parts, Discount Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Gear, & Motorcycle Accessories | Jake Wilson in the good old US of A.
They took 7 days... yes 7 from order to front door delivery by courier. $65 shipping for 2 tires and some oil filters ($10 each genuine Suzuki)
Cheap stuff, quick delivery, happy days.
Huge thanks to OneOff. ...Long live the GST.
Cheers Ian

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Tx for the link Cool$ they are a very good price,the battlewings I had fitted in Albany last year were $195 front/$285 rear--$66 labour =$546.Frm jakeWilson--Front $96/Rear $119--$65 postage=$280,thats a bloody no brainer:thumbup:

· Registered
24 Posts
I got 3 sets of tyres. 1 set Karoo t for strom and 2'sets of tyres for dirt bikes from rocky mountain atv, Jake wilsons sister company. Karoos worked out to about $305AU a pair. Dirt bike tyres Michelin S12-xc $120 here $69 US. All up bought $650 worth of gear and was here in 6 days.
First time orders usually have to verify their credit card but their sevice is fantastic.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$$$ saved

Too right there Windy.
Let's not get too uptight about shipping prices. $65 sounds crook I must agree. All we need to focus on here is how many after tax dollars it is to get the tire on the bike between the rim and the ground. It's that simple.
The best I can do for a rear Battlewing fitted in Adelaide is $275.
Today I scrubbed in my (fitted) $161 AU Jake Wilson Battlewing. If that's not a reason to enjoy a great ride in the sun I don't know what is.
Cheers and happy shopping.

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
wonder if anyone got heidenau k60 from overseas - i heard good reports about them - not too far off the anakee/tourance/trailattack in wet on road, and at least 50% better than those on dirt/sand and gravel stuff.

there's apparently no of supply in australia of them .

· Registered
1,082 Posts
wonder if anyone got heidenau k60 from overseas - i heard good reports about them - not too far off the anakee/tourance/trailattack in wet on road, and at least 50% better than those on dirt/sand and gravel stuff.

there's apparently no of supply in australia of them .

There should be supplies fairly soon. The first batch of the K60 Scout in Strom sizes is trickling through the US dealer network at the moment, friend of mine in Oregon was contacted by his dealer that they'll be in stock within a week.
Same for news from EU....shouldn't be too long then.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Cheap Tyres

From what I read on USA sites Heidenau K60 are difficult to sauce in the US too.If you find any, hang out for the mark 3 model (rear) which has extra rubber down the center which improves the performance by less noise more grip on tar and even longer tyre life with more resistance to squaring off.

Ulysses members have been buying from Jake Wilson for a while now and ALL reports are good. I priced TKC80s here $530 fitted. Thats up to $220 cheaper in USA. For Two sets of tyres, add $20 for freight on 2nd set i.e.$80 freight for 4 tyres. According to Ulyssian posts 3sets of tyres in one order the freight jumps up a lot.

I really try to support the local shop but when the price difference is so high it's a no brainer.

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
sounds good....

it's just sad to see the local prices on things differ so much - makes it hard to support the locals sometimes. The biggest benefiter is the transport company in this "global village" of ours.

· Registered
456 Posts
Adventure moto has these on his site, added on 21st June

https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/pr...=1060&osCsid=4628333ac2a3afbe40663bd8bd8a83ff

I had a good chat with Cool$, and think I will go the O.S. route next time for a set of tyres

I'm keen to try the K60 Scout.
I have a set of K60 Scouts on my Wee now (110/140) and im not impressed with the wear rate of the rear. Its done just on 4k and its more than half worn. I am comparing this to the previous set of K60s (not Scouts) and i got 12k from the rear and the front had over 14k when i sold and plenty left.

Havent heard of the Mk 3s but would want to try them. I still think the Heidis are a good all round tyre and am happy with the handling/performance on/off road.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Re: Local AUS K60 availability.
Just talked with the importer 3 min ago....150/17 rears are available right NOW (and going out to the retailers as fast as they can label them).
(RRP $275)

110/19 fronts are OUT (back in 6-8 weeks according to their info).
100/19 fronts are available.

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Re: Local AUS K60 availability.
Just talked with the importer 3 min ago....150/17 rears are available right NOW (and going out to the retailers as fast as they can label them).
(RRP $275)

110/19 fronts are OUT (back in 6-8 weeks according to their info).
100/19 fronts are available.
do u know whether these are the Mk 3, which suppose to give better wear rate on the original scout?

· Registered
1,816 Posts
sounds good....

it's just sad to see the local prices on things differ so much - makes it hard to support the locals sometimes. The biggest benefiter is the transport company in this "global village" of ours.
Ace my sentiments are of the same but we work hard for our dollar and I am at a loss to understand the price difference,I mean the dollar is atm about $1.06 US,I spent money on stuff from the states at $0.72 in 08 and saved on local price,an international money guru I am not.:confused:

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Ace my sentiments are of the same but we work hard for our dollar and I am at a loss to understand the price difference,I mean the dollar is atm about $1.06 US,I spent money on stuff from the states at $0.72 in 08 and saved on local price,an international money guru I am not.:confused:
we all know the problem - to a large extent, limited amount of market in australia with low population density is an issue in getting the price down... but i could really think of no plausible solution. meanwhile, just enjoy the strong Aussie dollar!

· Registered
254 Posts
we all know the problem - to a large extent, limited amount of market in australia with low population density is an issue in getting the price down... but i could really think of no plausible solution. meanwhile, just enjoy the strong Aussie dollar!
"What the market will bear" - ie as much as they (distributors/retailers) can charge for it that we (the customers) are prepared to pay. That is a free market force

Us (the customers) not being prepared to pay Australian prices and purchasing overseas is also a free market force. Adapt or die

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.