Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Alaska again this May/June. I did a search for tire suggestions and only came up with old threads. A lot has changed in the past couple years in tire choices.

My last trip I rode a KLR with Mitas e-07's. They were the best tires I've ever experienced. I did the 10,000 trip with plenty of tread left.

I've got a 2012 V-Strom 1000 now with 12,000 on the present tires. Until Mitas changed the e-07's to pluses, I would have put those on. But now I'm worried about mileage.

I'd like a fairly aggressive tire because of the construction zones. They were pretty nasty last trip. But, I'll be 90% on paved roads.

Any suggestions?

KORKORO

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
If you want mileage and chunky treads K60 Scouts. Just be a bit cautious on wet pavement.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
Reports back from multiple sources, say the new E07 + is an even better tire "overall" than the original. It isn't getting quite the reported mileage, but isn't far off either, the terrible hum and buzz from the originals is what bothers me tremendously "chevron pattern". In comparison I've owned Shinko big blocks and they both ride smoother and handle as good on road and better off road, but of course their mileage isn't so good "always a trade off". Same goes for the Kenda 784 big block, incredible tires on/off pavement but don't last long.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Reports back from multiple sources, say the new E07 + is an even better tire "overall" than the original. It isn't getting quite the reported mileage, but isn't far off either, the terrible hum and buzz from the originals is what bothers me tremendously "chevron pattern". In comparison I've owned Shinko big blocks and they both ride smoother and handle as good on road and better off road, but of course their mileage isn't so good "always a trade off". Same goes for the Kenda 784 big block, incredible tires on/off pavement but don't last long.
Really? I've never noticed that, and I am coming from that HORRIBLE screaming front Shinko 705.
Got a year out west on the E07's and have no complaints.
I'll more than likely go with the new E07's next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts