StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I don't need opinions on everybody's favorite tire, but I'm looking for good prices. Is SWMoto Tire still the best deal out there or has somebody discovered an even brighter hidden gem?

·
Premium Member
442 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered a set of Conti Trail Attacks from SWMoto. At $260 shipped for the set they were the cheapest I could find. Arrived at my doorstep in exactly 1 week. Haven't mounted the tires yet, but happy with the vendor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just got Conti's too. My local Suzuki dealer matched the online price for me and got them in in 3 days.

So far I love them.

Edit - mine are Road Attacks. Not sure what the Trail Attacks are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure what the Trail Attacks are.
The Trail Attacks appear to be based on the Road Attacks, but with slightly deeper tread blocks. They're described as an 80/20 tire, definitely biased towards road use but with some dirt capability. I haven't mounted them up yet, but I've read a lot of positive reviews. And they won a recent comparison test by Motorrad magazine of "adventure" tires.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
try here http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...cle-Tires.aspx
big selsection, lots on sale, free shipping ove $75.00
Here's what I don't understand about pricing: Motorcycle Superstore beats SWMoto Tire by $20 or so for a set of Tourances; but for set of Conti T/A they are WAY higher, $352 vs. $261. Who's doing the buying -- or pricing -- for these guys?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I ordered a front Anakee 2 from motocyclesuperstore, I'll be replacing my lumpy tourance, I purchased a rear tourance from ron ayer after Christmas for 123.00+ free shipping, smokking deal! I should have bought the front too. but I didn't. Hope the anakee 2 works out with the tourance. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...chelin-Anakee-Adventure-Sport-Front-Tire.aspx

Here's what I don't understand about pricing: Motorcycle Superstore beats SWMoto Tire by $20 or so for a set of Tourances; but for set of Conti T/A they are WAY higher, $352 vs. $261. Who's doing the buying -- or pricing -- for these guys?
Might try calling them on the carpet on the price match and see what happens, then again you can't go wrong with SWmoto either.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
hey kick,
they going to make an H rated rear tire in our size? i do over 100mph regularily.
Who knows? You need to avoid TKC80's too--also a Q-rated 99mph tire. I would suspect that there is a margin of safety built into tire ratings (load and speed) so I'm sure it's safe to run a Q-rated tire above 100 mph on occassion just not for extended periods.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Who knows? You need to avoid TKC80's too--also a Q-rated 99mph tire. I would suspect that there is a margin of safety built into tire ratings (load and speed) so I'm sure it's safe to run a Q-rated tire above 100 mph on occassion just not for extended periods.
how much just for the rear? i just add an oem front less than 1000 miles ago and are coming up on needing the rear but don't have the money for the oem tire and mounting. hours cut back drastically.

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts