StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it cost (ballpark) to replace the Rear Tire on a Wee-Strom.
90%+ Street type tires.
What does it cost to replace both tires.
In both cases with a reputable m/c shop doing the work.

I am new to street bikes, so thank you for any help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm looking at Anakee 2's, which are around $250/ pair. My local Suzuki dealer charges $60 for rear, $40 for front to install.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Or, if you are not dead set on 90+% street and can work with 80/20, you can go less expensive with the Shinko 705 radials for about $150 to your door from Tire Express (Comp. Acc.).

Then pull your wheels yourself (it's not that hard if you have a center stand) and get them mounted for about $40-50 if you can find an independent shop.

Otherwise, about $300-325 for a set of street tires w/ mounting on the bike sounds right.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
What does it cost (ballpark) to replace the Rear Tire on a Wee-Strom.
90%+ Street type tires.
What does it cost to replace both tires.
In both cases with a reputable m/c shop doing the work.

I am new to street bikes, so thank you for any help!
More than you want to know, but since you asked:

$0.03 per mile.

This may not seem like much in the first 10,000 mles............

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Can you take the wheels off and carry them to the shop? Can you find a shop that will mount and balance tires you carry in? You'll save a lot of money this way. The local indie shop charges $20 each. Much more if they have to remove and reinstall the wheels--$90/hr.

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
Do it yourself "pretty easy" and save yourself some money, get some valuable do it yourself experience too.:fineprint:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with Anakee 2's when the trailwings cupped out. $ 140 rear, $ 80 front. Got online at Bike Bandit. Great tires so far. Ride them hard and with 5K on the rear and has only a very slight wear pattern. May squeeze 12K out of these. We will see,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts