StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new front and rear tires for my 07 Wee. Things that are important are traction on wet roads and wearability. The two tires I am considering are the Metzler Tourance and the Michelin Anakee. Does anyone have any opinions they can share on either of these or any other recommendations based on experience? Most of my riding is on pavement. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just ordered Tourance EXP Front Tire
Color - --, Size - 110/80VR-19
SKU# 98818 Shipped $128.99 1 $128.99

from the motorcyclesuperstore.

Tried the Anakee once...great tire. The Tourance will last a little longer than the Anakee.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Conti Trailattacks, Love mine:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I found the dunlop D607s to have better wet and dry traction than the tourances. Wear was close enough not to matter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I currently have the Metzeler Tourance and ride about 95% on pavement. The Tourance has been a great tire; good traction and long wear. However, this spring I'm going to switch and give the Conti TrailAttacks a shot. I've had the Conti RoadAttack in the past and really liked those.

Good luck with the tire search!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Michelin Anakee 2's.

Great tires, especially in rain. When my tkc/k60 combo wear out another set of Anakee 2's are going on. Super smooth tire, minimal weight to balance, good tread life very predictable handling. Good in the gravel and hard pack dirt too when aired down.

·
Administrator
17,914 Posts
Have you seen the huge tire thread by any chance?:confused:

·
Registered
22,367 Posts
The tire forum has old information. The Anakee 2 just came out in June of 2009. The forums last post is 2008. Thanks for the referral though.
:thumbup: I agree, the tire thread is pretty much worthless imho, the information you seek may or may not be there, you may or may not find it

quicker just to pose the question and get current internet wisdom instead of old internet wisdom

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Michelin Anakee 2's.
The tire forum has old information. The Anakee 2 just came out in June of 2009. The forums last post is 2008.
I put on Anakee 2s in June when they were released. A little over 5,000 miles to-date, probably 25% of which was dirt, and I have been well pleased. The best I have found for dual-sport use. Still pretty good shape but no real data to offer on durability.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
organicrider said:
The tire forum has old information. The Anakee 2 just came out in June of 2009. The forums last post is 2008. Thanks for the referral though.
I'm not sure where you get that from. The last post was 4 days ago and the whole last page is within the last month.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Used a lot of different tires. Currently on Tourance EXP's. Will be taking off a TKC 80 on the front as soon as the weather breaks in MI.

·
Registered
22,367 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tires

I have an '05 Wee and am looking for tires too. I currently have the stock TW's and they're pretty worn. After searching around I read the Conti Trail Attacks are rated better than the Tourances.

I live on a mile long gravel road and ride about 70 road/30 gravel. Even though the Conti's look less agressive I hear GOOD things.

Any recent experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had the Anakees and they performed flawlessly except for one small problem. They were noisy around 55 mph. Howled on the road, drove me crazy. Put on Tourances and they are just as good as the Anakees and they are quiet. By the looks of the tire it should get more mileage but only time will tell.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Have you seen the huge tire thread by any chance?:confused:
Dear God, thank you! Apparently, most people didn't bother to follow the instructions at the top of the front page for 2010. The "new announcements"

BTW, Big B, how's that Connie working for ya?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts