StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was wondering where everyone usually purchases their tires? I am going to pickup some Anakee 3's for my DL1000. So far the best price I have found on both is from Rocky Mountain. Just wanted to see if there are any other sites I may have missed that could have a better price or sale.

Thanks!
Jeff

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Rocky Mountain is my go-to spot, but American Moto Tire also has some good prices on rubber. Revzilla is hit and miss; sometimes they're good on pricing, sometimes they're waaaay over the other places.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Riders Domain (formerly Jake Wilson)
my last order over the phone was on a Wednesday morning and the tire was delivered to my back door on Thursday.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I checked both and they are the exact same or more than Rocky. I'll likely stick with Rocky.

Thanks again!
Jeff

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Some of American Moto Tire's prices are better, depending on the tire of course. If you still want something like a Battlewing at a reasonable price, American Moto is your best bet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you are having a shop install them ask them what they'll charge for the tire as well.
On my last TW "Bent Lever" beat online prices.

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
My tires come from who ever has the cheapest price (including shipping). Shop and compare. So for me that has come down to Rocky Mountain ATV and American Moto Tire, about evenly split between the two over the years.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I use Denniskirk.com., like the knowledgeable tech support. The various vendors seem to be within a few dollars of each other, so that's not a big issue.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I used Cycle Gear for my recent GSXS tires. I ordered online, shipped to store, then I took the wheels in for mounting. For my PR4s, they had very competitive pricing. Would definitely use them again.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No matter where you buy look at the tire mfg date.
A couple years ago I bought a set of tires from one of the REALLY BIG bike stores and one of the tires was 5 years old. Needless to say, I
returned the tire and haven't bought from them since.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sometimes Competition Accessories has good prices. Rocky Mountain and Riders Domain are sister companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I like Chaparral motor sports and Rocky Mountain too, agree that Revzilla is hit or miss.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Rocky Mountain is consistently very competitive but they built a warehouse in my state and ding me for tax now. But, Chapparal will price match them. Yes I am a scofflaw on the tax thing. I just ordered 3 Anakee III tires last night with the ebay coupon. I still have a new set of A3s in my basement, that will get mounted in a few weeks.

I guess you can tell which rubber I prefer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Online? Rocky Mountain ATV charges reasonable prices. Hunt around for a local, independent shop and ask how much they charge for an order through them. My usual haunt for tires is a hole in the wall that can match, and usually beat, online prices. My last tire order for a set of Road 4 Trails (lovely tires) the local place beat Revzilla by $77. RMATV and AMT were within ten bucks of each other, and the shop's price was between the two. I had my tires in two days; RMATV said three to five days, and AMT said a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts