StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So changing tires today to Shinko 705 (figured I'd give it a try) and noticed this when I got about 3/4 of the way done, pulled the tire back off. Happened in several places. First time I've tried Shinko and the last. Dozen or so tires I've changed by hand, never had this happen. I'll stick with Michelin after this.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks like damage during installation. Sad. (But I wasn't there.)
If you're going to use it, it may be okay with a tube in it.

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Might be the easiest tires I have ever mounted, have no idea if you did something wrong or just had a bad tire.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That looks like a manufacturing defect to me.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Did you force it on without enough lube? (that sounds creepy!). Since you installed yourself, the manufacturer will likely say that you damaged it, but you never know. Shinko USA might do you right and send you a fresh tire. Lets hope so! Hey Shinko - lotsa vstrommers buy your 705's!!!!

Post up when you get a response from whatever outfit you purchased it from handles your potential warranty claim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not even going to bother trying to do anything warranty wise. I'm sure they would say I damaged it. The back and forth hassle. To much of a PITA to me. I'll just get what I should have got in the first place and go on. I'll keep the front shinko as an extra. I've just never had a tire do that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm not even going to bother trying to do anything warranty wise. I'm sure they would say I damaged it. The back and forth hassle. To much of a PITA to me. I'll just get what I should have got in the first place and go on. I'll keep the front shinko as an extra. I've just never had a tire do that.
FYI, short of you using some razor sharp tire iron or knife, there's no way you could have just torn in to that tire by accident. There's something very wrong with it.

And I would notify them. What if that defect is present in more than just your tire, what if a bad batch of tires came out of the plant and they need to pull them from wholesalers, etc. You would be doing a service to others who might encounter that same issue.

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Every tire company has had their issues, it is how they handle the issue which is important. I love the Shinko tires, this does not scare me off one bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts