StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it would seem that distributors and/or dealers are getting the message. As we Canucks all know, we have really been getting hosed on tire prices.

A local dealer is doing his best to provide better prices, I spoke to him and he realizes that guys are ordering tires online.

I just checked with Blackfoot Cycle in Calgary, and they are selling the Tourance for 185.00. Thats a good price, as the retail on the PartsCanada site indicates they retail for around 285.00.

I can buy a Tourance online for around 150 USD, and then about 15.00 shipping. So, the difference is negligable.

I have a pal on the road right now, and he will be stopping in and picking up that Tourance from Blackfoot.

Hopefully tire prices are indeed coming down, as I really do want to support my local dealers, but not if it means emptying my pockets.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
I just looked on their web site and it is nice to see decent prices in Canada.

I didn't see the Tourance listed when I did a search.. did you have to call or email them for a price?

..Tom

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to www.blackfootcycle.com

then use the online chat, if its "currently offline" use the leave a message feature.

generally takes them a day or two to respond

cheers!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Good prices! Good tip!

Re Blackfoot Motorsports of Calgary, to briefly change subject to helmets:

I've been looking for an Arai XD. Can get it from States for $400 US ($422 Cdn) plus shipping of $38 US ($42 Cdn), plus 14% Ont taxes: Total $523 (approx).

Parker Bros wants $689 plus taxes. Total: $785.

Difference: $260 plus!!!

Blackfoot: $475 plus 14% taxes. Total: $541 (probably less since an Alberta product should not draw Ont tax -- I think . . .).

Now I can live with a diff of $20!

ETA: seems to be only choice of Small in XD. Must email them Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It shows it pays to shop around, especially if dealing in Canada. Its about time we stop getting gouged by Canadian distributors.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re Blackfoot Motorsports of Calgary, to briefly change subject to helmets:

I've been looking for an Arai XD. Can get it from States for $400 US ($422 Cdn) plus shipping of $38 US ($42 Cdn), plus 14% Ont taxes: Total $523 (approx).

ETA: seems to be only choice of Small in XD. Must email them Tuesday.
Phoa! That's HUGE bucks for that kind of helmet. I went with the Airoh S4, which I ended up paying 214.00 US including shipping from Germany.

In my book it looks better than the XD, and you sure can't beat the price...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/koobly/airohhelmet.jpg

Sorry to get off-topic, but for Canadians looking for a decent price, not bad...

Koob

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Nice find, koobly. I just found a very positive review on ADVRider. Will investigate.

So, you've just changed my mind about the Arai. I don't see why a helmet (XD) has to list at $689, cheapest price in Toronto. Or a tire at twice to three times the U.S. price. Just outrageous.

Some good news on horizon in Cdn pricing:
MSRP prices are coming down more than $2000 and content going way up on 2008 cars, cf. new Chryslers. Could motorcycles be far behind?

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
We (Porsche) reduced the price of our 2008 Sports cars roughly 10% to 12%..

..Tom

Nice find, koobly. I just found a very positive review on ADVRider. Will investigate.

So, you've just changed my mind about the Arai. I don't see why a helmet (XD) has to list at $689, cheapest price in Toronto. Or a tire at twice to three times the U.S. price. Just outrageous.

Some good news on horizon in Cdn pricing:
MSRP prices are coming down more than $2000 and content going way up on 2008 cars, cf. new Chryslers. Could motorcycles be far behind?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
When I finally found a pair of boots that fit they were $319.00 + GST. Bought the same boots in the States for 99.99 + tax on clearance. Regular price was $151.50 + tax. There is really something wrong with Canadian pricing. I think it is the Government and their brain-dead trade agreements over the years. We lose and everybody else wins.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just bought 2 rear Tourance EXP for 315.00 cdn and a front Tourance EXP for 152.00 cdn from MotoInternationale in Montreal. Only catch is they do not ship tires. Got a lot of strange looks from cagers with the three tires stacked up and tied to the back of the wee.
G.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just bought 2 rear Tourance EXP for 315.00 cdn and a front Tourance EXP for 152.00 cdn from MotoInternationale in Montreal. Only catch is they do not ship tires. Got a lot of strange looks from cagers with the three tires stacked up and tied to the back of the wee.
G.

Wow, that is a great price....

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
G.

Those seem to be pretty good prices from a Cdn dealer. Just checked SW Moto and the regular Tourances (non EXP) were: US$120 front/US$137 rear. I assume your prices are before tax? Hmmm, wonder if everyone's cutting prices because they see the cross-border writing on the wall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Install & Balance...

G.

Do you install them yourself? How do you and for how much do you get them balanced? OR do you just static balance them yourself? ... just wondering as I expect local dealers can compete (unlikely?) with this service rolled into the price of the tire.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I got my Tourances from a friend who gives me his cost Parts Canada prices.

176.12 rear
145.57 front
2.75 freight insurance
19.95 GST
8.00 tire tax =352.39
If Moto Internationale can sell them below your friend's "Parts Canada cost" then maybe the (starts with "F") !%*!%#@!! distributor has finally cut their wholesale prices.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They call that free enterprize, so shop around ;)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you install them yourself? How do you and for how much do you get them balanced? OR do you just static balance them yourself? ... just wondering as I expect local dealers can compete (unlikely?) with this service rolled into the price of the tire.

Thanks.
Install and balance myself. Bit of a bear breakin the bead, but after that its no sweat.

Cheers!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Prices were before taxes. Had the rear mounted at Pete's here in Pembroke. It did not even need wheel weights as the balance checked out right on. The savings more than paid for the trip. Am finding the tire works great with the old front Anakee with 24000 km on it and it does not follow the tar filled cracks in the pavement that are so common around here. All around joy and happiness! Life just keeps getting better with my Wee-Strom!
G.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tires in Calgary

I just picked up a rear Tourance here in Calgary. I paid about $210 at Walt Healey, a bit more than the Blackfoot superstore. I'm willing to spend a little more to get decent service. Every time I shop at Blackfoot for parts I get pissed off. Ordered me a tire...then lost it...then 2 weeks for mounting on the rim.
Ah the joys of living in Boomtown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts