StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of air pressure do you run? I'm a big guy--230lbs--and tend to go a little over the pressures listed on the swingarm. BUT, I get a lot of center tread wear.
How about you?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Based on some things I've read here, I'm running 2-3 psi above OEM recommendation. Have never run low pressures on this bike, but from experience with other bikes I know the handling and turn-in can get sloppy if the pressure gets too low. So it seems it would be better to be a little on the high side than the low. Of course, all this assumes you have a very accurate gauge.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm running Michelins, and have always found they run best about 1-2 PSI north of swingarm recommendations.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
John, you'll get answers that range all over the place. There is no consensus.

Try telephoning the customer service number for your brand...1-615-937-3442 for Bridgestone, for example. Pls let us all know what they say.

I'm 200# + gear, I run 33/36, and the center wears when I'm on a straight road. The sides wear when I can find a fun road. Others run pressures up to the tire's max, 42, or the pressure to carry the max the bike is rated to handle at each end, 41. Neither is the recommended pressure unless that much weight is actually on the tire, but they like the results.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think the OP was asking what pressure he should run he was just asking what others were running.

I'm a big boy also. On the Vee I run 36-38 rear and 32-34 front no matter what kind or tires I will run them at those pressures on the Vee loaded or not. My wife's F650GS gets 32 front 34 rear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I just wondered if I'm the only one who runs above the posted pressures. It would be nice to somehow avoid so much center wear----but the goofy things are round, after all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts