StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Can the display be used while it's charging?
I do not know. I have never tried it. My guess would be yes, but don't take that to the bank.

The bike is still put up for winter, waiting for that last big snow fall or I'd give it a try.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For those that have the Mercu, Sykik or similar:
Are you using them on rubber stems without trouble? They seem to caution against but it's unclear if that's just because of the theft-deterrent locknut, or for some more important reason.
Also, can you set separate alarm limits for front and rear?
I bought this one, but with the internal sensors (which replace the valve and stem). Yes: you can have separate limits/alarms for front and rear.

I love it, but my display goes cloudy with moisture. They will only replace the entire package including the sensors buried inside my tires, so I've tried working with them and eventually just accepted a bunch of money back.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Oh, Sparky, I knew exactly when I picked up the bolt. The loud report of puncture left no doubt in my mind or the ears of the bar keep who was outside at the time. I had about 30 ft to roll to a stop and the tire had settled to mega flat. any further travel an Ida had the wobbles big time.
I had the sensors on my 800ST BMW. Nice but really pricey to fix when the battery dies and you have to let the tire guys know about them before they do your tire change or they may damage them. The Stem types seem like a good idea. Like cruise control, that would be really nice but not absolutely essential.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts