StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the rear Trailwing on my Wee at 19000 km with a Michelin Anakee. There is still some (40%?) life in the front TW and I am looking for advice on whether to put on a new Anakee front now or wait until the Trailwing is worn out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did the same, put on a new rear Anakee and kept the front trailwing. They seem to work good together so I'll hold off replacing the front till it's worn out completely. Not sure if I want to go to a front Anakee or try something else. The rear has about 4000 miles on her and it's a little flattened but not too bad. It howls on asphalt when I lay her over in a turn more that on the straightaway. I'm wondering if the front Anakee will howl also. It took me awhile to get used to the noise of the trailwings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I am still worrying about a traction mismatch (I expect the Anakees to be sticker dry and wet).

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am replacing the rear Trailwing on my Wee at 19000 km with a Michelin Anakee. There is still some (40%?) life in the front TW and I am looking for advice on whether to put on a new Anakee front now or wait until the Trailwing is worn out.
I truly believe you should change the front tire asap. The front trailwing goes away very quickly from there.

I personally use the Michelin Anakees and I am pleased with their performance.

Also, why go through tire break-in twice? I replace my tires in sets just for peace of mind of knowing my bike is at it's best while I'm riding.

Either you trust your tires or you don't.

Just my two-cents.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts