StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my 03 with 3200km on it next friday. I could see the wear on the back tire already. What kind of milage have people been getting and what other brands have been tried?

B

·
0 Posts
I was able to squeaze about 10K miles out of my set. The rear tire was shot and the front wasn't too bad.
Brendan

B

·
0 Posts
I turned just over 9,000 miles when I replaced the OE Bridgestones. The rear tire was worn past the wear bars, but the front looked like it had about 4-6 K left on it. I just put on some Metzler tires front and rear, and find them very good in comparison. They are more of a touring tread since I don't ride off pavement. As time goes on (and I do put on a lot of miles) I can update everyone on their performance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
tire life

I got about 8500 miles out of the rear stock tire. The front still had several thousand miles left in it but I changed both to the Metzeler Tourances. They are wearing a lot better. I'm at a little over 6000 miles and the rear looks like it will go another 4000 miles or more. The front seems to be wearing faster than the stock tire did.

G

·
0 Posts
I only got about 5000 miles out of the original Bridgestone rear, replaced it with another, put a nail through it about 1000 miles later, and now have Michelin Anakees on both ends. The original front had a lot of tread left, but was cupping pretty badly, which was having some effect on handling. I ride fast, and my commute includes 7 miles of gravel road each way, so my wear is not typical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts