StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading a bunch of threads about tire life etc, but today I learned that the tire life of my rear tire is 409 miles. That's how long it takes before a big honkin aluminum tube imbeds itself into the rear tire.

Silver lining? This happened about 100 ft from the turn in to my suzuki shop, so I'm thinking, okay, I'll get a new tire and be on my way...only the shop doesn't have any tires that fit the strom. :(

Call the wife and the minivan support crew comes to get me. No new tire until Thursday. Yuck.

Oh well, what can you do? I never saw the hazard. I felt it and heard the pss..pss..pss..pss. 100 ft to the parking lot and the tire was dead flat when I got there. It could have been worse, right?

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Could have been much worse. If that is the worst that happens, it's a good day!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hmm . . . . aluminum tubes in the street, 100 ft from the Suzuki shop . . .

You might want to nose around the shop and see if they have a whole box of those hidden under the counter. I'm just sayin . . . .

;)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Hmm . . . . aluminum tubes in the street, 100 ft from the Suzuki shop . . .

You might want to nose around the shop and see if they have a whole box of those hidden under the counter. I'm just sayin . . . .

;)
Yep, they're hidden behind the box of drywall screws:lol:

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Paranoia may destroya

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hit a raccoon 2 weeks ago and one of its ribs punctured my front tire. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat, so I had a truck tow me to the nearest bike shop (Valley Cycles in Winchester VA...big time thumbs up for customer service).

$350 later (tow, new tire, plus mounting), I had a new Dunlop 404 (which I do not like), and I was a little peeved at how my long ride down Skyline would have to be curtailed for the day.

My rear tire (still the original TW) just turned 6,000 miles today, and is starting to get a little square. I'll be replacing it in approximately 500 miles for my trip to Deal's Gap next month.

Brian

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have 13,800 miles on my original TWs. The rear is going to be replaced next week or the week after, when I go in for the 14.5K service, but I think I can still eke a few thousand miles from the front. (Don't try this at home...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts