StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my current rear tire, a Shinko 705 at the end of its life...

This is after a recent 1300-mile trip with luggage and stuff. Is this an indication of pressures being too low given the weight I was carrying? Or is it just indicative of a lot of hard cornering (which was definitely the case given the roads I was on). It's really only on this side of the tire... not so much on the other side. The front has the same discoloration, but it's more even on both sides.

Rob

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
You still have mold sprues on the side, you aren't leaning that far...yet. Tire looks like only 1/2 way through it's life.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the dog that just squirted salt on your bike.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stuff on the rotor is a little thing called "rust." We have that up here. The bike lives outside so it happens. Being in Seattle I'm sure you can appreciate that! :)

Halfway through it's life?? The center has barely more than 1/16" of tread left. When you ride in wet weather frequently, this isn't gonna cut it.

Rob

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ah yes, I remember that liquid sunshine. How many miles did you get out of that one?

I wish motorcycle tires had the same wear indicator as car tires- the ones that spark when it's time to get a new set. I swear that's what my neighbor does.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
The stuff on the rotor is a little thing called "rust." We have that up here. The bike lives outside so it happens. Being in Seattle I'm sure you can appreciate that! :)
No wonder I've never seen that before! No salt = no rust here in the PNW (we get moss!)

my rear rotor is shiny, maybe I should pee on it. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts