StromTrooper banner

Tire deal redux thread

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  mr2mch01 
#1 ·
Since it would appear that the week's worth of threads lost may not be coming back, I figured that I'd post this again, since a few people had said that they hopped in on the deal.

I knew I'd be putting on some new tires soon, and I have a set of Anakee Wild tires waiting in the wings. Recently, a friend suggested we hit the BRP this summer (with any luck, this crazy time will be a memory by then). I know that I could use the Anakee's, but why burn them up completely on the road? Scouting for tire deals, I stumbled upon closeout Dunlop Trailsmart tires on Ebay, sold by Chaparral Motorsports. Definitely road-oriented. Per the video they posted, they bought a large amount of tires that Dunlop had in a warehouse, dating from late 2016 to 2017. Not old enough for me to worry in any way, so I bought some. $130 for both. Yes; bias front and radial rear. As I said in the lost thread, if I die, I'll let y'all know.

Anyway, I have no affiliation with Chap Moto, other than buying a few things from them in the past. Just because it's now an issue, I also want to say that FedEx says that my tires will be here tomorrow; shipped from Memphis. So, mine shipped. Stuff changes daily about businesses closing or restricting their actions, so I can't say for sure what would happen if I ordered today. Anyway, here's a link to the Youtube video. There's a link to their site in the video description. ChapMoto

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks again for the posting. I ordered a rear and Fedex delivered it this morning. Tire looked fresh with no cracking and had a Mfg date of (2116). The other day, I went back and looked at Chaparral's website and pulled up the Dunlop Trailsmart front bias again. The site shows a 110/80R-19. I checked the Q&A and someone emailed them asking whether the "R" tire was a radial or bias. They replied that it was a radial even though it is listed under the bias tire section. I ordered the front and will know for sure tomorrow, expected Fedex delivery date.

#3 ·
My tires just showed up. Sure enough, the bias front that I ordered is in fact a radial. So, F+R radials for $130 + the tax that MA requires online companies to charge me when I buy online. For reference the front is date code 2217, and the rear is 3116. They look as new as new gets, so I believe that they were definitely stored deep in a warehouse, away from the elements.

#4 ·
I'll say it again because the last time I said it all the posts disappeared. This is a SMOKIN' deal!

Reactions: Oil Burner
#13 ·
I was looking at the Dunlops too, had them in my "cart" for a few days while thinking about it, and then they showed to be on back order. (Denniskirk). Then I noticed a set of Bridgestone A41s only cost $3 more than the Dunlops, so I jumped on them. Also, Bridgestone is doing a $60 rebate through the month of April. The tires arrived with a production date of 4919, win-win all the way around. (Probably get another 6000 miles out of the current tires, Metz karoo street, but the A41s are in the garage for whenever.)

#16 · (Edited)
Chaparral has the Dunlop TR91 TrailSmarts in any adventure size for $60 front...$70 rear. Thru their website or on fleabay...your choice

I got some Brdgstne A40s from a place in Denver listed on fleabay.... Rears were $50 & fronts $55. But the tires are date coded from 2015

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.