StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it would appear that the week's worth of threads lost may not be coming back, I figured that I'd post this again, since a few people had said that they hopped in on the deal.

I knew I'd be putting on some new tires soon, and I have a set of Anakee Wild tires waiting in the wings. Recently, a friend suggested we hit the BRP this summer (with any luck, this crazy time will be a memory by then). I know that I could use the Anakee's, but why burn them up completely on the road? Scouting for tire deals, I stumbled upon closeout Dunlop Trailsmart tires on Ebay, sold by Chaparral Motorsports. Definitely road-oriented. Per the video they posted, they bought a large amount of tires that Dunlop had in a warehouse, dating from late 2016 to 2017. Not old enough for me to worry in any way, so I bought some. $130 for both. Yes; bias front and radial rear. As I said in the lost thread, if I die, I'll let y'all know.

Anyway, I have no affiliation with Chap Moto, other than buying a few things from them in the past. Just because it's now an issue, I also want to say that FedEx says that my tires will be here tomorrow; shipped from Memphis. So, mine shipped. Stuff changes daily about businesses closing or restricting their actions, so I can't say for sure what would happen if I ordered today. Anyway, here's a link to the Youtube video. There's a link to their site in the video description. ChapMoto

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks again for the posting. I ordered a rear and Fedex delivered it this morning. Tire looked fresh with no cracking and had a Mfg date of (2116). The other day, I went back and looked at Chaparral's website and pulled up the Dunlop Trailsmart front bias again. The site shows a 110/80R-19. I checked the Q&A and someone emailed them asking whether the "R" tire was a radial or bias. They replied that it was a radial even though it is listed under the bias tire section. I ordered the front and will know for sure tomorrow, expected Fedex delivery date.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My tires just showed up. Sure enough, the bias front that I ordered is in fact a radial. So, F+R radials for $130 + the tax that MA requires online companies to charge me when I buy online. For reference the front is date code 2217, and the rear is 3116. They look as new as new gets, so I believe that they were definitely stored deep in a warehouse, away from the elements.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My tires just showed up. Sure enough, the bias front that I ordered is in fact a radial. So, F+R radials for $130 + the tax that MA requires online companies to charge me when I buy online. For reference the front is date code 2217, and the rear is 3116. They look as new as new gets, so I believe that they were definitely stored deep in a warehouse, away from the elements.
I'll say it again because the last time I said it all the posts disappeared. This is a SMOKIN' deal!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got the front tire delivered 5 min ago. Yep, just like Oil Burner, it's a radial with date code of (2217). I'm a happy camper with matching radials. 👍
Hard to believe Chaparral hasn't fixed their website since 2018.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Ordered 2 rears and 1 front. Just got a FEdEX email that they would be herwe today.
Great deal. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Just checked the Chapmoto site and the Strom fronts are gone. They still have rears.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So if i order the "R" its a radial? . I just got a new to me 2015 with 7k. But the stock tires have a flat spot and thinks a cheap upgrade is nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if i order the "R" its a radial? . I just got a new to me 2015 with 7k. But the stock tires have a flat spot and thinks a cheap upgrade is nice.
This is the front I ordered: Chap Moto tire . I did in fact get a radial. Will you? I don't know, but it seems likely based on experiences here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Order an "R" you should get an "R". I reached out to Chaparral on Friday and they were going to correct the issue of the radial being listed under the bias tire group.
With the current virus situation, who knows when their IT person will make the change...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I was looking at the Dunlops too, had them in my "cart" for a few days while thinking about it, and then they showed to be on back order. (Denniskirk). Then I noticed a set of Bridgestone A41s only cost $3 more than the Dunlops, so I jumped on them. Also, Bridgestone is doing a $60 rebate through the month of April. The tires arrived with a production date of 4919, win-win all the way around. (Probably get another 6000 miles out of the current tires, Metz karoo street, but the A41s are in the garage for whenever.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was looking at the Dunlops too, had them in my "cart" for a few days while thinking about it, and then they showed to be on back order. (Denniskirk). Then I noticed a set of Bridgestone A41s only cost $3 more than the Dunlops, so I jumped on them. Also, Bridgestone is doing a $60 rebate through the month of April. The tires arrived with a production date of 4919, win-win all the way around. (Probably get another 6000 miles out of the current tires, Metz karoo street, but the A41s are in the garage for whenever.)
Through DK the A41s for my DL650 would be $40 more for a set. That's with their $5/ tire shipping and $60 off Bridgestone rebate.
Where did you find the A41s for $3 more? I might buy another pair!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Through DK the A41s for my DL650 would be $40 more for a set. That's with their $5/ tire shipping and $60 off Bridgestone rebate.
Where did you find the A41s for $3 more? I might buy another pair!
I meant the $3 difference was all on denniskirk. Dunlops were $104 front/$114 rear and A41s were $100 front/$121 rear. I know some other vendors had the Dunlops for less than DK, but I have been using them for years and like the service. On the downside, they are collecting state sales tax now, although I don't think they have a brick & mortar store in my state.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chaparral has the Dunlop TR91 TrailSmarts in any adventure size for $60 front...$70 rear. Thru their website or on fleabay...your choice

I got some Brdgstne A40s from a place in Denver listed on fleabay.... Rears were $50 & fronts $55. But the tires are date coded from 2015

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts