StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running different tire combos front and rear? What combos are you running? I picked up a brand new Shinko 705 for next to nothing and was going to order one for the front also but was considering something more aggressive for the front. Any thoughts? I don't plan on anything too nasty but do ride a lot of poorly maintained dirt roads in the mountains.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Is anyone running different tire combos front and rear? What combos are you running? I picked up a brand new Shinko 705 for next to nothing and was going to order one for the front also but was considering something more aggressive for the front. Any thoughts? I don't plan on anything too nasty but do ride a lot of poorly maintained dirt roads in the mountains.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
When riders do this, they are doing just how you are thinking. Several riders, (including me), have tried, or are currently using, a "standard" tire for the rear, (Shinko, Metzeler, Anakee, Bridgestone), and a tire like a TKC Continental for the front. It works very well, and there are no handling issues.

B.L.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Many reports indicate no problem with a radial ply rear and bias ply front with a combination like BL's

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am running a Mitas e-07 Dakar on the rear and a Mitas e-10 Dakar on the front. I could not be happier with the results. :thumbup:

I am now 6000 miles in and am confident that I will get 10000 or more from each!

Got them from Mx1Canda and the service was great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts