StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of Harbor Freight's tire changers w/ the MC adapter.
My buddy wants to buy one but it seems nobody sells one at or near their price. The parts dealer in Canada no longer sells them. All he can find seem to start around $500.
Anybody have a clue where he can find one???

·
Registered
133 Posts
NO MAR

I changed tires on the garage floor with tire irons for twenty years before I finally spent the money (about $600 at the time) for a No Mar tire changer. I spent the next six months kicking myself for not buying it years sooner.

By the time I change my tires and my friends tires I have more than paid for the thing. I took my time, watched their videos, and I can unmount/mount a tire smooth and quick now.

No scratched rims and no mashed fingers.

And I don't work for them, just swear by the product.

No-Mar: Scratch Proof Wheel Locking System, Beats Coats 220 - Safe for Carbon Fiber Wheels.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Craigslist.. do a nationwide search, they are on there.
Otherwise, go with the No-Mar, it's well worth it. I have their adapter on my Coats machine. I should have bought their complete unit from the start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also have the cycle hill and it's worth every penny! If you split the cost with someone it's even better. Our purchase went three ways so no sweat!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've had a Coats 220 for several years now. So far, I've done 27 changes on my bikes and 14 for friends. Pretty well paid for itself by now.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a HF. I bought a mojo lever and plastic rim clamps. You can make the clamps pretty easy. The mojo lever or a mojo lever makes all the difference in the world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts