StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear tire on my Vee is at the end of it's life.

I'm down to either the Metzeler Tourance or the Michelin Anakee. I've found some good pricing in the US (Canadian prices are totally out of whack)

So the question: The front tire still has about 3000 km on it (ballpark). Do I need to change both back and front, or can I mix and match tire brands?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I haven't tried that particular combo, but in general mixing brands isn't a problem.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I've had no problems running mixed brand tires.

I have run the tourance twice and never an anakee. If I were deciding, I'd choose the latter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another tire question

I have run Tourance (3 sets) and now Anakee 2's. Both great tires-can't go wrong. I had the rear Anakee first and ran a Tourance on the front until it was worn out. No adverse handling at all.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
If your hard on the throttle like me I burned thru a 1/2 of and ANAKEE2 in 900 miles of full power superbiking.

When its totally gone I will be looking at a dual compound rear like a PR2 or PR3 or some other brand

JUST sayin'

·
Registered
165 Posts
So my rear tire on my Vee is at the end of it's life.

I'm down to either the Metzeler Tourance or the Michelin Anakee. I've found some good pricing in the US (Canadian prices are totally out of whack)

So the question: The front tire still has about 3000 km on it (ballpark). Do I need to change both back and front, or can I mix and match tire brands?
Check out petes superbike for Canadian pricing. I ordered Tourances from them a few weeks ago, and they were within a dollar of some of the American prices I had seen. They ship from Montreal, with Fedex,, so no extra taxes/duties etc to deal with.

Home page

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Run four sets of Tourance on two different bikes [R1150GS and the Wee], very happy with wet and dry grip, fairly good on dirt as well, rears lasted 15-18,000+ km's- fronts go about double that.

Currently have Anakees on the Wee, not impressed, less grip than the Tourance [especially in the wet] and both front and rear tyre will be dead at the 13,000km mark.

Having run three sets of Tourance on the Wee with consistent grip and mileage I'm going back to them on the next change [I still have the last one that came off the rear and will put it back on as it is only half worn].

The only other tyre I'm considering for the bike is the K60 Heidenau if I get more serious about dirt on the Wee [an old KLR650 is my current dirt ride].

1 - 10 of 10 Posts