StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Made the mistake of parking on a packed gravel/dirt surface, and when I came down from the hike, she was down on her side. All things considered, it didn't cause much damage, but I will be needing a new front left turn signal.
Can anyone recommend a good website for this? I'm open to getting a stock replacement, or switching both front ones out for with an aftermarket style, if the cost is similar. Stock replacements seem to run at ~$55.
Thanks, and stay vigilant about your parking surfaces :headbang:

·
Registered
166 Posts
"Be sure to get the connectors for the v-Strom."

All I did was clip the V-Strom wire outboard of the connector, then pinched on regular bullet connectors I had in inventory. Works like a charm.

With the Buells, remember to get correct voltage amber light bulbs from the auto parts store to replace the stock Buell units or the blinkers won't work correctly. Still buckets of $$$ cheaper than the stock Suzuki units.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
is there pics of these? a part number, I am not entirely happy with the flush mounts I have on there now, other than they don't stick out past the Givi Bars...

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Buell conversions...........

Check yer nuts?? You'll also need some fine thread nuts for the Buell signals.......they don't come with them. Shoot me a PM if you need some (NC).
mark444

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. The Buells should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll see how the installation goes w/ out the connectors...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you order the Buell's from? I ordered a pair from BikeBandit.com and they said the items were discontinued. So I found this website and ordered a set from here:
Black, amber motorcycle turn signals for Suzuki motorcycles available at vipcycle.com
Just got them in, haven't put them on yet. But they're pretty cheap, a pair for $10.50. But they're not bendy like the Buells are supposed to be. Somewhat flexible, but I think another tip over will probably break them. BUT, they (supposedly) come with the correct wattage bulbs and a nut :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts