StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting my K9 I've had intermittant rough running issues on top of my fuelling issues. The fuelling was the dreaded high pressure filter as well as a clogged and collapsed pickup screen, both of which I'm blaming on the bike being left sitting with garbage (ie ethanol) fuel for extended periods before I got it (under 10,000km when I got it not long ago), but the rough idle just didn't fit that cause. After replacing the filters etc (bypass next time) I went hunting and found this:
20190717_090757.jpg
The little rubber tit off the end of the vacuum take-off port has been gnawed on by a little grey bastid (mouse most likely) and is passing air, throwing the whole thing out of balance. I had some spares in my parts box for my BM that fit, but if people are struggling to sort out balance issues, make sure to check these.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thats great that you showed us this because even the small things like this cause issues and are very hard to spot
unless you know where to look.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Good tip, Dark.

I found mine were cracked when I went to put extension tubes on for easier throttle body sync'ng. I think I found four, if memory is correct, and all were cracked or split on the ends.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, be careful when you remove them. I managed to flick one off into the aether where it's been hiding ever since along with it's clip. Bit of a pain, really. Mine also has hoses on the other two ports which I haven't traced yet as they don't seem to be giving me any grief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts