StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been away for a few months; have started crusin' around here again recently and I notice that all the pictures in all the threads are super small when you click on them to view them, and you can't just scroll thru multiple pictures in a post...you have to go back and click the next picture, and keep doing that in each post. I don't recall that being the case before.

Is this an effort to not use so much storage, or...???

Edit: Hmmm; seems to not be the case in the "picture of the week game" thread.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Big pictures

I've been away for a few months; have started crusin' around here again recently and I notice that all the pictures in all the threads are super small when you click on them to view them, and you can't just scroll thru multiple pictures in a post...you have to go back and click the next picture, and keep doing that in each post. I don't recall that being the case before.

Is this an effort to not use so much storage, or...???

Edit: Hmmm; seems to not be the case in the "picture of the week game" thread.
You have to have your pictures stored on an external website (er FlickR or similar.) Then get the BB code of the image and paste that in your post to this forum.

Have a read of this thread
https://www.stromtrooper.com/australia-new-zealand/406898-large-photo.html

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I don't post many photos, but personally don't like it as I don't use a photo-hosting site and just always attach. One problem with off-site photos is that they can disappear on a whim, which depending on the thread, can leave it pretty much useless.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I should have been a little more specific. I'm referring to "attached photos" in other people's posts, not inline images. When I click on the attached photos, they only come up about 200x200 pixles; and if there are more than one attached, then after viewing one I have to hit the back button and click on the other photos one at a time...and they come up tiny as well. Seems like photos in the text of the post show just fine.

As for me, if I want to upload a picture, I upload it to my "misc" album here on the site, then grab the url for that picture and place it in my post.

·
Registered
166 Posts
using the misc album for pictures/

Guess I should have been a little more specific. I'm referring to "attached photos" in other people's posts, not inline images. When I click on the attached photos, they only come up about 200x200 pixles; and if there are more than one attached, then after viewing one I have to hit the back button and click on the other photos one at a time...and they come up tiny as well. Seems like photos in the text of the post show just fine.

As for me, if I want to upload a picture, I upload it to my "misc" album here on the site, then grab the url for that picture and place it in my post.
Sorry, I'm with you now. Yes when I clck on other peoples "attached images" they just come up as small images and I have to hit the back button to select the next attached image but I've only been on the forum for six months and it's always been like that. Are you saying that in the past it was different.?

When you place your image in your miscellaneous album and post the url in a post does the viewer have to click on the url or does it display automatically.?

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
I am reasonably sure that the VerticalScope site software controls the size of all file attachments. You can see how much they downsize images by clicking on the "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" tab.

Over recent weeks/months VerticalScope have been modifying the programming and installing new security software resulting in many confusing surprises. I guess that we need to relax and trust that eventually all these surprises will fade away.

However, one thing is very clear - if you wish to post a decent image on Stromtrooper you need to get yourself an image hosting account. Flicker, imgur, smugmug etc. etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you place your image in your miscellaneous album and post the url in a post does the viewer have to click on the url or does it display automatically.?
Done this way, the pic just shows up in the body of the post at a decent size.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts