StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has ever come up before (Couldn't find it on multiple searches), but has anyone ever tried to tint their stock windscreens? If you have, what did you use and how did it work? I've tinted glass (Car and house), but I don't know if it would work on a plastic windshield. Just one of the weird little thoughts I get occasionally...

Two more days and I can start riding this beast! Well, around my friend's neighborhood - not getting on the freeway until I get the MSF class on base.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I'm not sure why you'd want to tint the screen since you're generally looking over it anyway. I'd think a tinted screen on your helmet would be more effective (I wouldn't ride without mine tinted). Just my $.02...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Don't know if this would work on the Stroms windshield, but we used to dye lexan bodies for RC racing with rit fabric dye. You're gonna need a big bucket and some hot water to try this, if it works let us know.
Now for the disclaimer--do so at your own risk:mrgreen:

Jerry

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've also considered taking mine to the tint shop that tinted my car, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I can't see why it wouldn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts