StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really drop it so much as I gently lowered it to the ground. I thought I'd never be the one who forgot to put the kickstand down, but there you go.

It was a weird feeling going from "Ok, I'm going to dismount my bike" to "Everything's going great! I'll be off this thing in just a second" to "This feels different. Why isn't it stopping?" to "Oh well, I'll just use my powerful muscles to stop it from falling" to "Wup, that's not going to work" to "I'm one of them now" all in the space of about 2 seconds.

Luckily, the only evidence of my carelessness is a small nick at the end of the left grip. Since no one was there to witness it, I felt it was my duty to post it for the world to see.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That is a bummer but you were lucky...for a first scratch it is a good one to get.
One way to avoid dropping it that way again is to use the side stand on a regular basis to shut down the bike. For me it's stand down in first gear, followed by key off. Then lean the bike onto the stand and dismount. I always like to park in gear so this works well for me.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Since no one was there to witness it, I felt it was my duty to post it for the world to see.
No witnesses?

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Touch up the scratch and ride on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No witnesses?
Yeah, I was a few minutes early to work today. The first thing I did after I got it up and on the stand was looking around to see if anybody was laughing at me. Got lucky on that one, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts