StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Wee is about to reach14,000 miles, & I'm ready for a new set of tires. Battle Wings appear highly recommended, although my dealer suggested staying with the stock tires. If Battle Wings will get the same kind of mileage & have better traction, why not? Should I get them at the Suzuki dealer, or go to a shop specialing in motorcycle tires? A few riders recommended MC Tire Works in the SF Valley (LA area). I don't go off road, except for the odd dirt or gravel shoulder. Most of my riding is commuting on the freeway, plus weekend rides in the nearby canyons. Thanks for your ideas, Terry

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Why would the dealer recommend staying with the stock tires? Battlewings all the way, I love mine.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
14,000 (22,500km)miles out of a rear Trailwing?
It's either doing an imitation of a bowling ball or you are one gentle rider. I got 14,000km (8700 miles) out of mine and I thought I was doing well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I got 7000 mi out of my stock rear tire and it might have done another thousand or more, but I had a trip coming up so added another stock tire because it was available and relatively cheap.

I will do as an earlier post suggested--I only ride pavement as a sport-tourer so I am going to try bias belt hiway tires. I will post my findings after accumulating some miles.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I have Battle Wings on now. They are ok, though I will get less than half of your 14,000 miles. I will say that the BW's have a very even wear pattern, they have not flattened out. I guess a lot of mountain riding has helped.

I have a set of Trail Attacks that I will try next. Maybe Tourances after that.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
My stock rear is getting down to the indicators soon, now at 5500 kms.

Ya mountain riding will do that to tires. I'm going to try Battlewings too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts