StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike have 45k miles in it and I have started to notice the clutch fells kinda off to me. If the bike is in first gear and the clutch is pulled in, the bike is hard to push also if you try to start the bike in first gear the bike will lunge forward (with the clutch pulled in) and once the bike is running it won’t move till you release the clutch.

I would say I’m kinda hard on it. This will sound wired but I love to go to parking lots and ride slow and make tight circles around a pole or a cone. (I’m on the clutch a lot) sometime I time it off-road and every little bit you might catch me doing a burnout or wheelie

I think it might be time for a new clutch if that’s is what you think please let me know. What brand make a good cluch pack? When is a good spot to but it?

Thank you for your time and information!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sounds like time for a clutch adjustment, probably the major adjustment down near the sprocket (not the adjustment by the lever). Do a search or see the service manual.

Regards,
David

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I think it is really rare for the clutch to be worn out on these bikes. Not to say its not possible but I would first look into properly adjusting it (as suggested above).

If its really shot look for Barnett. Link may not be your model.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
A worn out clutch would slip not grab (metal on metal) unless the basket is worn, an adjustment is needed.

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Even a slipping clutch can be adjusted. Andreas had to work on his at a Cache rally a couple years ago. He and Sausage Boy made fun of some of the things in my tool kit while making the adjustment but the bike was able to continue for the rest of the rally and get him home.
I had a bit of a problem when my left switch cluster was rotating on the bars and got in the way of disengaging the clutch.
I finally got it adjusted properly and no more problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts