StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed all the stickers last night and tiger stripped my new wee. Let me know what you think. I think it turned out pretty good. I did about 40 miles on the dirt this morning and I think it helped it handle better :)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I like the stripes, but I'm not so sure about the silver paint. They might look better on an orange (tiger) or white (zebra) bike. The stripes themselves look great! What did you use, tape or paint? Black reflective tape would look really cool at night!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not my kinda thing, but interesting. I do like how it seems to make the bike stand out more. That is certainly not a bad thing, particularly for a color that tends to blend in with pavement, particularly on cloudy days.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was curious about the title of your post and then I saw the pics and realized that you "striped" your scooter, it wasn't "stripped" by a tiger.

I had visions of a story about a Triumph Tiger.....a can of whup-ass...and a Wee...

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Well, I like it!

Nice looking job. Waiting for reply to post asking what the stripes are. Are they signmaker's vinyl?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the stripes were cut from high gloss automotive grade vinyl so they can always come off down the road if I want to change it. I wish it was the reflective vinyl, but it is not. I had it laying around so the price was right....free. I have already started getting the looks which is good as it means people are seeing me!

·
Registered
131 Posts

I used the black 3m reflective material on mine. It has held up pretty good for a year now. The second and third photos are illuminated with a camera flash. It's not quite as bright with headlights shining on it, but even a little bit of extra visibility helps. The brighter stuff on the top box and helmet is SOLAS tape.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I kinda like it.

However one thing to keep in mind. The stripes on animals, such as tigers and zebras and the dazzle paint on battle ships etc., serve the purpose of making the outline of the striped object confused, especially when in partial shadow or mixed light.

As such you have, in some situations, camouflaged your motorcycle and made it harder to see or recognize as quickly.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I like it!! I would like a Zebra paint job like Ted Nugent had on his Bronco, I don't know if I could find the chaps to match though! Cheers-BB

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice I like it...it is always good to be a little different

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
I actually think that looks kinda cool......nice job. I bet that Ted Nugent would love your Strom!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I kinda like it...but i think that the important thing is that you like it and that make it your own.....
I alway enjoy looking at pics and see different "version" of the Strom!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ditto what Samuraii51 say.I like M/C with personal touch to them. But I'm a Farkle Whore so I will have to get working on my New to me K6 1000 to make it mine....:D:D

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Ditto what Samuraii51 say.I like M/C with personal touch to them. But I'm a Farkle Whore so I will have to get working on my New to me K6 1000 to make it mine....:D:D
Looks nice, but I think a shark motif works better on the silver bikes........hey, maybe a tiger shark.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I like the stripes, but I'm not so sure about the silver paint. They might look better on an orange (tiger) or white (zebra) bike.
I feel the same, but the color scheme I am not fond of. Perhaps a desert or jungle stripe, in flat colors would look good as well, particularly with the flat blacks on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Now you're never going to find it in tall grass.

But I do like it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was curious about the title of your post and then I saw the pics and realized that you "striped" your scooter, it wasn't "stripped" by a tiger.

I had visions of a story about a Triumph Tiger.....a can of whup-ass...and a Wee...
+1 on this, only I was kind of picturing a different kind of Tiger [gress], hoping he'd left out the word 'on' by mistake.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts