StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on the spacer kit on my 2007 Vee - why did I wait so long??

While putting on, I put the bike tube rubber "shims" in the cush area (thanks for link, Rick!)

Test drive - spectacular. Really could not believe the lack of "clunk" and smooth upshift. Like a whole new bike.

I don't care if the result is 90/10 or 10/90 from the space kit or cush shims. All I know is this combo is really great. It's a tie with the fork brace..

Why did it take me so long you ask? Well, I saw my 530 chain upgrade had wear on the inside plate and I knew I needed to tat least try the space kit.

I can now say, it's really great.

Thanks, Rick.and Gloria.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I just put on the spacer kit on my 2007 Vee - why did I wait so long?? While putting on, I put the bike tube rubber "shims" in the cush area (thanks for link, Rick!) Test drive - spectacular. Really could not believe the lack of "clunk" and smooth upshift. Like a whole new bike. Thanks, Rick.and Gloria.
The Brown truck dropped off a set of "cush-rubbers" yesterday (2006 Vee). Plan on installing them Tuesday, then it's up to the weather. Hoping for a repeat of your experience. :grin2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll bump this up again.

I myself just replaced the spacers on my '07 Vee with Ricks. My 1-2 shift was horrible and really made me wonder WTH I was doing wrong. I also had a fair bit of chain nose but just passed it off as something you deal with.

After putting in the spacers and getting everything back together it is AMAZING how much better the shift is and the substantial amount LESS chain noise. I no longer have a clunk when shifting, not even a hint.

Thanks Rick !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts