StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start drilling into the stock luggage rack (to install bungee buddies or some other hook), are there any suitable tie-down points on the Wee/Vee?

I'd prefer not to install actual luggage racks to the side.

Cheers!

·
Registered
223 Posts
lajaro said:
Before I start drilling into the stock luggage rack (to install bungee buddies or some other hook), are there any suitable tie-down points on the Wee/Vee?

I'd prefer not to install actual luggage racks to the side.

Cheers!
I just went out and had a look at my bike. From what I can see, it looks like soft ties wrapped around the rear peg brackets with nylon tie downs will work for the back of the bike. I'm still scratching my had though looking for some place to tie down the front of the bike. HTH's
Cheers!

S

·
0 Posts
lajaro said:
Hmmm....does the lack of response imply that noone uses straps/cords to tie their baggage down?
Probably implies that a lot of the folk on here use hard luggage. I'm a hybrid, I have a topbox, but when that's off I use hooked bungees on the rack, or a cargo net, plenty of places to hook onto either under the rack or on the passenger grab handles. Carried tents, boxes, junk, bags this way, never needed to install extra hooks or drill the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Tie down points indicated where to tie off the bike when loading it on a trailer IMO. I use a bungee net if what I have doesn't fit in my 3 lockable bags

lajaro said:
Hmmm....does the lack of response imply that noone uses straps/cords to tie their baggage down?

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Since I have the 15 X 30 net it hooks all the way to the passenger footpegs if needed. Head to the local motorcycle shop and ask for a bungee net. They come in 2 common sizes IIRC 15 X 15 and the size above. They are not worth shopping the web for the best price as it's a $15.00 item. Emgo makes them as well as other brands I'm sure

lajaro said:
I use a bungee net
Does it hook on the teeth that protrude from the bottom of the rack, or on what?

If this is a viable option, what is the make and where did you get it from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts