StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Va. Beach and was wondering if there were any Vstrom riding clubs in the tidewater area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Virginia Beach. I know of 2 others that own wee-stroms. They are the reason why I bought mine! We have done a ride down to Nags Head, NC and another up towards Richmond (taking backroads). If we plan another trip I will get on here and advertise it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
One ride I've done probably 30 times is what I call the five and dime. The Colonial National Historic Parkway west to Highway 5 to either the Jamestown Ferry, or stay on Highway 5 for 30 miles to the Benjamin Harrison National bridge (Roxbury Road) and catch Highway 10 back to Hampton. Some great twisty roads where I push it sometimes to see if wifey can stay with me on her Can-am...she always does...lol!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Am in Williamsburg...maybe we can just organize a ride for the folks who reply to this thread?
Lots of great VA roads on the Peninsula...mountains are only a couple hours away to boot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We should do that before long. As for the Blue Ridge Parkway, I've wanted to do that for a long time. As you know it's 2 hours from here to the exit off I 64. I just need to plan it and go.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We should do that before long. As for the Blue Ridge Parkway, I've wanted to do that for a long time. As you know it's 2 hours from here to the exit off I 64. I just need to plan it and go.
Agreed. I would be up for starting a small Peninsula riders group for occasional rides throughout the area. There are so many great rides locally. As for the BRP, that is a must!
Rode from South of Staunton to Crabtree Falls on Rte. 56 (211 turns in 4 miles :grin2:) then BRP to NC border. Next time would like to get into NC but would run VA BRP again in a NY minute!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new to the area and the V-Strom club (here for 2mo, glee for less than 2wks). I'm always game for a group ride! Or if anybody wants to work on bikes together, company is always great.

You can find me in VB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also live in Gloucester and would like to get together for a ride either local or to the mountains. I going to the ADV Moto meet at Romney WVA. this weekend. please let me know if someone want to get together for rides.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Am also interested in local rides, live in Poquoson.
On an unrelated topic, can anyone recommend a Suzuki dealer to do the Recall work on 650s? Read bad reviews on Cycle City and Sunrise, so am thinking of using Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
133 Posts
Am also interested in local rides, live in Poquoson.
On an unrelated topic, can anyone recommend a Suzuki dealer to do the Recall work on 650s? Read bad reviews on Cycle City and Sunrise, so am thinking of using Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan.
Thanks,
Mark
I moved from Yorktown to SW Colo Oct 2015. I did business with Cycle City for 7 years. They always treated me great. Over those
years I bought two motorcycles and a Can-am from them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tidewater to Romney?

Anyone else on this thread planning to make the run to Romney, WV this year (April 29-May 1) ?

Either way, we should still plan a local ride here on the Peninsula.
Sundays are usually open for me and there's some great riding between West Point and Williamsburg with a mix of paved and gravel routes with little traffic.

Not sure of the best way to plan a ride on here...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts