1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
A strom would probably stick-out like Moby Dick

And be the only decent bike there! Cannot think of anyplace full of cruisers and doo rags would be enjoyable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A strom would probably stick-out like Moby Dick

And be the only decent bike there! Cannot think of anyplace full of cruisers and doo rags would be enjoyable.
I really enjoy Rally's and you'd be really surprised.. I've been out at Sturgis the past 2 years for the whole rally (I film Full Throttle Saloon) and there are quite a few beemer's, stroms, goldwings, you name it it's out there. & 95% of the people are just there to have a good time and are in it for the love of being on 2 wheels.
Same goes for Thunder Beach in PCB and Daytona. YEMV

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Many lives are saved each year.
I went to Autumn Bike Week in Myrtle Beach and managed to offend some thunderers when I put in ear plugs.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I won't get there until Aug 10.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I enjoyed my Sportster and Wide Glide when I had 'em but never subscribed to the "culture" & was an outcast for wearing a full face Shoei with protective street gear. I appreciate pretty much anything motorized but that seems to be a one way street in certain crowds.

I only have so much vacation time and money so can't see spending either in a group of folks who are too elite to wave atcha on the road. :headbang:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I say love what you ride. So far I've enjoyed them all, from Hondas to Harleys to Triumphs to Kawasakis and now a Wee. Never really subscribed to giving a crap about whether someone else was wearing day-glo armor or shorts and a do-rag. I find it kind of funny that each little clique finds something to look down on others about (and almost inevitably have to include Harleys in the conversation). I have noticed that I don't get waved at as much now by the cruiser guys though! Unless I ride my cruiser. :cheers2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts