StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 1000 and it seems to go through a couple areas of "thumper" vibration in the engine. In higher gears when you roll-on throttle around 3000 rpm's. Is this the nature of a V-Twin? All I have ever owned was inline 4s.

·
Registered
213 Posts
wgm114 said:
I have an '05 1000 and it seems to go through a couple areas of "thumper" vibration in the engine. In higher gears when you roll-on throttle around 3000 rpm's. Is this the nature of a V-Twin? All I have ever owned was inline 4s.
MY 02 DL1000 does it also, seems to like revs above 4500 in 5 and 6th gears. Seems to be a DL 1000 thing. A friend of mine just bought an 03 SV1000 and it pulls pretty smooth from about 2500 rpms. I would love to have his motor in my bike. The SV also pulls the same all the way to redline.

Dave

W

·
0 Posts
The DL likes to be rev'd. The 90 degree twin is not a low RPM tractor engine like a 45 degree twin. Think of it in terms of a Ducati, not like a Harley. If you're in the "higher gears" at 3000 rpm, you're in too high of a gear. Just downshift and learn to love the feel of this great engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts