StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a throttle body synch on my 07 Vee for the first time. It cleared up my off idle, low speed misfire, I'm happy to say, but it did take me 5 hours. The biggest problem was not having a great way to turn the adjuster. I got it done with a combination of long needle nose and a gloved hand with sandpaper for grip. So now to my actual question: has anyone replaced that adjuster with a small thumb screw so you could just reach in there with a gloved hand and know you're turning it? If not, I'm willing to be the guinea pig, though If anyone had any relevant info off hand (namely the size, thread, and/or length of that little screw), that would help.

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'll be following.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Rchland Rick could make one and I'll bet it would sell like hotcakes. (AdventureTech) Give him a PM and ask him to respond to your thread here. Bobby

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Do you know what the screw is made of ?

I purchased a WR450f and then a heap of mates followed suit, the air mixture screw was a real pain to adjust.

The screw is brass so I removed the screw and welded on a short bit of silver solder with a bend on the end to make the adjustments easy.

Each time I met up with one of my mates I would replace their mixture screw with my extended one, I would take their screw home and add the silver solder extension.

Then swap that screw with another mate, this went on until all my mates had the new longer screw.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I can reach and adjust the rear needle okay with a small screw driver but that front one is difficult. Check out Mod#1 in this thread Four Throttle Body Mods

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, what do you think the chances are that the screw is the same size as one of the ones from an 01-03 GSX-R 600? I have a set of throttle bodies from a project I never did sitting around so I pulled a screw and measured it. It seems like it's an M4, 0.5mm thread, just under 12mm long. A quick search doesn't turn anything up (it seems 0.7 is the much more common thread for an M4 screw). I'll keep hunting. I'm hesitant to pull the screw from my now good running bike without something on hand, at least until I move this June.

V/R
Bill

·
Administrator
17,955 Posts
Yup, works for me too.Although if IIRC it does get uncomfortably hot in there :wink2:
I wear long sleeve shirt and double up on the latex free gloves, I got "very good" at balancing the TB's that way. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've been using my thumb and forefinger for the ten years I've owned it but you're right, a thumbwheel screw off of one of my Kaw triple carbs might be the same size....and that would certainly be a bit easier...I'll have to check that out since I can't tell the size from the Zuk part # for that screw....it's 13548-42F00

jeff

Reactions: quimbysr

·
Registered
47 Posts
I remove the tank and the airbox and then reconnect the sensors and a fuel line extension so I can adjust it from above.

P.S. After reading this I tried adjusting the screw with my fingers and it works great. Unbelievably simple and effective, I wish I had known before. Well there is always something new to learn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After more than a year I decided to go after this again (since the missing in the 2000-3500 range has returned and is getting worse). I found that the screws on the GSXR TBs are the same, so I used one with some JB Weld to attach a small wing nut. It clears everything through the range of motion of the throttle. I haven't done the sync with it yet, but I'll let you all know how it works out.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts