StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this bike is so new it is hard to find anything for it yet. Thought I would ask it anyone has tried a Throttlemeister from a Wee or another bike on the Beak Strom to see if it will fit. My last 6 bikes have had one and I have found out already I need one. I can't ride very far without hand problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
according to throttlemeister it seems to be the same.

I have a set for a vstrom lying around here somewhere, has a small scrape from knocking into a brick wall coming out the driveway though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
oops, I just checked, it says goog till 2012, but unless suzuki went out of their way to change their handlebar end weight design, which I doubt, it should be the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Throttle Lock

I just put a garden hose washer / o-ring at the end of the grip between the bar end. Works great. Can adjust the tension by pushing in on the bar end.
If it gets sticky, a drop of WD40 or Tri-Flow will restore it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The next week after I posted this, without a reply, I contacted Throttlemeister. The bike had just been out for a short time so they had no idea what would fit it so he sent me a Throttlemeister with the guts to 2 different sizes, a large and small. I phoned them back to let him know which one worked, can't remember which it was but I've been running it since May. It's more expensive than an O-ring but it works great. I just looked at their site and they still don't have our bike listed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the factory hand guards and installed the Kaoko that should accommodate them. Didn't work very well, it would always end up with a large gap between the "friction ring" (gear looking threaded ring) and the "thrust washer" (flat black plastic ring).

I may have a solution, I found a rubber Slip Joint Washer at Lowe's (product 501765K) and have it next to the grip then the thrust washer then the friction ring. I think one with a 7/8's inch inside diameter would be a better fit, but so far so good.

I've had Kaoko's before on other bikes and always seemed to require some minor hardware store addition to get it to work. I'd be willing to switch it out for a Throttlemeister that can work with Hand Guards, since I think they work better. But this will work for now.

TRM on the northside of SA

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I have the factory hand guards and installed the Kaoko that should accommodate them. Didn't work very well, it would always end up with a large gap between the "friction ring" (gear looking threaded ring) and the "thrust washer" (flat black plastic ring).

I may have a solution, I found a rubber Slip Joint Washer at Lowe's (product 501765K) and have it next to the grip then the thrust washer then the friction ring. I think one with a 7/8's inch inside diameter would be a better fit, but so far so good.

I've had Kaoko's before on other bikes and always seemed to require some minor hardware store addition to get it to work. I'd be willing to switch it out for a Throttlemeister that can work with Hand Guards, since I think they work better. But this will work for now.

TRM on the northside of SA
TRM,
I am not awfully handy, but did install the Kaoko throttle lock on my 14 Vee2 with O.E.M. handguards. The lock works perfectly. I did have to loosen the throttle and move it closer to the lock in order for it to work. I can only assume that you may need to fine tune it because it can and does work for me. Good luck, as Kaoko is not cheap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
TRM,
I am not awfully handy, but did install the Kaoko throttle lock on my 14 Vee2 with O.E.M. handguards. The lock works perfectly. I did have to loosen the throttle and move it closer to the lock in order for it to work. I can only assume that you may need to fine tune it because it can and does work for me. Good luck, as Kaoko is not cheap.
Thanks for the tip, I may retry using that. Right now the rubber washer does a great job only requiring 1 turn down / 1 turn up for on/off, similar to the Throttlemeister.

Cheers, TRM

·
Registered
191 Posts
TRM,

Chirosyd

Can you post a photo of the Kaoko on the OEM hand guard?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pics

Here are a couple of pics, hopefully you can see the additional rubber washer I have in between the thrust washer and the grip.

Just got back from a quick trip and it worked well, only had a little difficulty getting the rpm's right for cruising at an indicated 90mph on the Texas Autobahn (Texas Toll 130).

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts