StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum Just bought a used 2011 650 The bike has 1600 miles looks like it came off the showroom floor. Question I have when riding the bike I go about 10 -15 miles and my right arm is numb the throttle grip vibrates pretty bad the rest of the bike seems smooth. Now my old bike for the last 10 years was a converted to street XR 650 R I could ride it 100 miles with out stopping very little vibration so I don't think its in my head. I was wondering if it could be the fact the bike has so low miles, I did put in half a can of sea foam in the gas tank, or I was thinking could need the fuel injectors synced I had a problem with my cbr 929 before and that was the fix. Any advice would be helpful. Ive only rode about 50 miles so far.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well, my Strom vibrates pretty good as well. I bought a set of THESE to help with the grip vibrations and it helps.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If its vibrating so badly your arm goes to sleep I would think there's something else going on. Throttle body sync or possibly water got into one of the spark plugs and has corroded it a bit. I had that happen on a pre owned Super Tenere. Good to check both of those. If all is good then the padded grips are helpful. Popular with BMW guys. If you need to raise your bars a bit you can buy the Rox risers with the bushing. It really helps to minimize the vibrations and might put you in a more comfortable position as well. Worked for me :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts