StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's still winter around here, but it is slowly going away, so i'm beginning my to-do list for my bike improvement.

I feel the throttle on my Vee isn't quick enough. I need to twist the handle too much for my liking to reach WOT. I actually need to release the grip and grab it again with my wrist bent downward in order to open the throttle completely and still having a confortable position.

I found threads talking about G2 ergo throttle tamer, wich seem interesting,, but doesn't fit my bill.

What I really want is something that would have the same ratio for the first third or so, and then twice as quick. Do you have any suggestion for me ?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Loooooooooove my G2. :thumbup: perhaps contact the company with you specifications?

I recall an inquiry (here or VSRI) about whether some oddly named device would fit a strom. Turns out the device was the throttle tube of a sport bike, Suzuki IIRC. Sorry that I can't recall the terminology, but perhaps these remarks might jog someone else's memory.

...aha, here it is: http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-specific-wee-strom/64430-r6-throttle-tube.html

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I continued my research and found out that 06+ yamaha R6 throttle tube swap is a common modification on many sport bikes. It is a 1/6turn.

I bet I could get R6 tube and dremel a cam out of it to get progressive initial throttle and much quicker after that. The last 50% could be twice as quick as the stock one and I wouldn't mind

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I continued my research and found out that 06+ yamaha R6 throttle tube swap is a common modification on many sport bikes. It is a 1/6turn.

I bet I could get R6 tube and dremel a cam out of it to get progressive initial throttle and much quicker after that. The last 50% could be twice as quick as the stock one and I wouldn't mind
There ya go. Rock on! :hurray:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found a 09 R6 throttle tube on ebay for half of the local price. Won't be long before i'm going WOT :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts