StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm the first to complain about the excessive effort required to operate the throttle (1K). For me, the return springs would make my hand go numb just trying to maintain a steady speed, and I'm not too keen on throttle locks, so I bought a spring and simply hooked it to the connecting rod between the 2 throttle bodies on the right side. I fabricated a plate and bolted it to a blank bolt hole on the rear cylinder and hooked it up. All it does is to help pull the throttle open by overcoming the factory return springs. Yes, it is safe, no, it will not stick open, it can be adjusted to your liking and it has just been tested with a 1,000 mile trip... no more fatigue.

·
Administrator
16,802 Posts
You sure that everything else is adjusted correctly? I can't say that this bike has much of a different throttle feel, than any other bikes that I have ridden.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, everthing is right on, I regard that much spring pressure as overkill, but as you always say "is your ice cream too cold?" :lol:

·
Administrator
16,802 Posts
nighthawk said:
Yeah, everthing is right on, I regard that much spring pressure as overkill, but as you always say "is your ice cream too cold?" :lol:
I just put it in the mircowave for a little bit!!!! :lol:
ALL that matters is that YOU are happy with your bike. It's good that we are capable of doing mods, that make riding more enjoyable. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts