StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
13,827 Posts
I don't know if throw anything unique or special about the 2014+DL1000 "adv" compared to the 2014+DL1000 but my Go-Cruise, tightened slightly with aircraft safety wire, works brilliantly on my 2015 DL1000 equipped with Suzuki hand guards as it did on us 2012 DL650.

..Tom

·
Registered
368 Posts
My Go-Cruise works fine with the OEM handguards.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I like VistaCruise as it's easy to operate with my thumb.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I have the Kako throttle lock on my 2014 Vee2 with oem handguards. Works just fine. Of course you need to purchase the correct version.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I've used the Kaoko and the Throttlemeister...once on you just forget they are there and they look OEM but you do have to take hand off the throttle to set ...mind you I keep a little friction on most times anyways.

The thumb flip on the VistaCruise is the nicest to use - fiddly to set up but good once you do. You lose some space on the hand grip which can get annoying with big hands and it's a cheap solution.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've used the Vista Cruise on countless bikes and has worked well. only complaint is I wish it disengaged when I hit the brake. I did try a product that had that feature ( I think it was called BrakeAway) that was pretty mush a vista cruise but automatically releases if the brake is enagaged.

I have never heard of the Go Cruise until this thread. Seems like people like it and its a cheap alternative. I may give that one a whack

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I tried the BrakeAway and it does release but

very finicky to set up.

Throttle is frozen ...cannot adjust slightly the way you can with the Vista. It's either full on or off....no in between. It also is temperature sensitive.

I tried the GoCruise and really do not like it.....never grips well ( you can see people have modified it )
There is a GC2 that has some adjustable tension but don't like how you set it.
Can move from bike to bike and will use it in a pinch....do make sure you get the correct size for your bars.
Bit kludgy in my view.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kaoko works on my 2012 Vee with OEM handguards. At least I think they are OEM handguards.

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
Pats....you are posting specific bike questions in different model forums, any reason for that.....and what model do you own "if any"?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry - I was trying to type with one hand on my phone - the results were not good!
Revzilla advertises that the Kaoko will work on all years, with factory handguards; I've had a Throttlemeister on my '03 for 15 years and love it;anyone have feedback on the Kaoko?

Thx
KL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Kaoko works on the 14 with the guards... I like mine....

Reactions: Hanz

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Kaoko lock on my 14 Vee 1000A. The previous owner felt the need to shave out the hand guard attachment so that it would fit over the version he installed. I have a Visa Cruise on my cruiser, which I think is easier to use. The Kaoko is less obtrusive, but harder to flick on and off quickly. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts