StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a throttle lock for a 04 DL1000? I tried the Vista-Cruse “for Suzuki models” and it didn’t seem to work. I looked at the universal Vista-Cruise, but it looks awfully clunky. I am not interested in anything that connects to throttle bodies, or is electronic. Just a simple lock would do me just fine. Thanks for any help, Folks. Doug.

·
Registered
186 Posts
DCDL said:
Any recommendations on a throttle lock for a 04 DL1000? I tried the Vista-Cruse “for Suzuki models” and it didn’t seem to work. I looked at the universal Vista-Cruise, but it looks awfully clunky. I am not interested in anything that connects to throttle bodies, or is electronic. Just a simple lock would do me just fine. Thanks for any help, Folks. Doug.
Kaoko Cruise control - simplistic, effective, used it for some several hundred mile trips. Works very well.

http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AWI&Product_Code=KAOKO_VS650

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
+1 on the Kaoko. I had a Throttle Meister on my old bike and loved it. Was pleased to find the Kaoko for my Strom, since it functions the same way. I picked it up from the post office at 5:00 tonight and it was on the bike and functional by 5:20 (took me 10 minutes to drive home :lol: ).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hand guards?

Are you guys able to use it with the original hand guards? I am ok with replacing the weights, but want to keep the guards. Thank you for you answers! Doug.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Re: Hand guards?

DCDL said:
Are you guys able to use it with the original hand guards? I am ok with replacing the weights, but want to keep the guards. Thank you for you answers! Doug.

It will work. I have the Kaoko on my 650 and love it. I bought the control for the 1000 since I have the Suz hand guards. It's easy to mount and works well.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Yup, good to go with the guards.

I found mine was really stiff at first. A little bit of silicone spray lube and it works great. I know its going to be a real plus on my ride across Canada this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts