StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody successfully using the NEP CC4 throttle lock with the Suzuki heated grips? Found two problems trying to install it yesterday.

1. It won't hold the throttle for me no matter how much adjusting I do (or I just haven't found the right adjustment).

2. I'm a bit concerned about grip wire rubbing against the throttle lock - wear and tear on the wire, plus add resistance to the throttle returning to off position when I want it to (not enough to hold it open, but slows down the return).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not a direct answer for you, but I have the NEP cruise installed with Symtec heated grips...I use a wire tie to tie the NEP module to the throttle cable backings to keep in place.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bajjer31! I've seen the tip (probably from you) about using the wire tie to the throttle cables so I was heading that way. But it looks like your heated grips are wired differently and are shaped differently. Though that gives me a thought...I need to look for some pictures on how the Suzuki heated grips are supposed to be installed to be sure that nothing has happened on my bike such that they aren't on there correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts