StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL....second post tonight....should be pretty obvious that after getting slammed with snow here for the past two weeks in Central Oregon, I have cabin fever and have been working on some upgrades on the Wee...:grin2:

I installed a 2" extended front brake in anticipation of then installing some SW-Motech up and back risers (up 30mm, back 21mm). Getting to that junction block where the existing front line pipes into the ABS system was a BEAR (damn big hands) but I stuck with it and things finally went together. Still have to reverse bleed and do a few panic stops to cycle the ABS pump, etc.

Question is...the brake line is fine lock to lock but on left full lock, those throttle cable are reallyyyyy tight. I have the tank off so I couldn't start the bike and do the ol' "turn full lock left and see if your RPMs increase", etc.) Electrical lines from the bars on down seem to be fine.

I have one of Richland Rich's accessory shelves installed and also some Barkbuster Storm hand guards...the kind with the aluminum spine and all the mounting hardware on the bars. (see pic)

I did sit the bike and adjusted the bars to where I think I'll want them...and I'm pretty tall, so I really don't want to mess with dropping the front forks in the tree.

It looks like I can move the throttle cables one hole up and slightly right in that accessory shelf...but other than that, any suggestions on how to build in a little extra slack? I really don't want to mess with any connections at the TB end...how difficult is it to disconnect things at the throttle on the right grip...or am I overthinking things here?

Any insight or pics you fellow inmates have of a similar set-up would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks! And don't forget to move those clocks ahead when you go to bed Saturday night!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try running the cables on the other side of the triples, works for me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I have the same shelf on my bike and put 2” Rox risers with +2 brake line as well. I had the same concern about throttle cables being tight but full turns left and right with the bike on an a center stand did not cause any idle changes. You could always roll the bars just a tad forward too and that could make a huge difference. You’ll be very happy with the change to the bike for sure. I’m 6’3” and it made things a lot more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts