StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is throttle cable length ?
Im looking for 1'' longer then stock.
Universal throttle cable can be found in 47''.
Thought, i'll ask before remove it from the bike.
Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know this has to do with the riser situation you have, so I must ask, have you thought about rerouting the throttle cables behind the forks instead of thru them?

·
Registered
522 Posts
This is what I did when I added my risers to my 2006 DL650 (obviously) w/o ABS. No need for longer cable on the non - abs versions. I don't know if rerouting would work on an ABS model.

I know this has to do with the riser situation you have, so I must ask, have you thought about rerouting the throttle cables behind the forks instead of thru them?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure did think about it, but didnt do it yet. Just got the air box off.
I will try today. When would be easier to disconnect the cable by throttle body or grip ?
thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Since you are already at the trottle body that would be the easiest now. Just mark the position so you can align it back to how you found it.

I am going to lower my triple tree when I do mine so I am thinking about removing the top triple and routing any tight cables over the triple and thru the risers for more clearance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you are already at the trottle body that would be the easiest now. Just mark the position so you can align it back to how you found it.

I am going to lower my triple tree when I do mine so I am thinking about removing the top triple and routing any tight cables over the triple and thru the risers for more clearance.
Im thinking that i would go from the grip, because i never worked with throttle body before. I did look up at shop manual but there is no description on how to remove throttle cables at throttle body, therefore, im not really sure what you mean but marking position of them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts