StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a throttle body sync issue. According to everything I have read on these forums, all I have to do is install longer tubes on my throttle body vacuum access tubes and from then on it's easy access for synchronization. According to my Haynes service manual synchronization can only be performed with the air filter housing removed.

Has anyone else seen this requirement?

The reason I ask is I have tried synchronizing the throttle bodies with no success. I am certain a synchronization issue is the problem I have. I have replaced plugs and the filter. I still have a bad running condition when in overdrive running around 70. It bucks, sputters and coughs like it is missing. As soon as you rev it, it is great. You do notice the problem in lower gears anytime the engine is around the 3500 rpm range. It's just more noticeable in overdrive.

I recently read on this forum that loose throttle body boots can cause this. I haven't checked that yet, but will as soon as I run the current tank full down where I can easily removed the tank again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could also be your fuel pump/filter. Inadequate fuel flow would cause such an issue, as fuel demand goes up the faster you go. Does it exhibit any symptoms going up hills?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have a throttle body sync issue. According to everything I have read on these forums, all I have to do is install longer tubes on my throttle body vacuum access tubes and from then on it's easy access for synchronization. According to my Haynes service manual synchronization can only be performed with the air filter housing removed.

The reason I ask is I have tried synchronizing the throttle bodies with no success. I am certain a synchronization issue is the problem I have. I have replaced plugs and the filter. I still have a bad running condition when in overdrive running around 70. It bucks, sputters and coughs like it is missing. As soon as you rev it, it is great. You do notice the problem in lower gears anytime the engine is around the 3500 rpm range. It's just more noticeable in overdrive.

I recently read on this forum that loose throttle body boots can cause this. I haven't checked that yet, but will as soon as I run the current tank full down where I can easily removed the tank again.
OK , the Vee 1K is easy to sync if the tubes are installed as you said you did. the problem you are describing is a "Lean mixture "
You don't say what year or Model you are trying to Sync.?
04- 05 1K models were lean in the lower and Mid range and needed to be enriched with a Yosh box treatment [ mine was. it's an 05 Dealer added 1.5 and .5 to the mixture in the low and Mid .. whole new bike . became even better with a 43 tooth rear sprocket tho! :eek:] this gets the RPM's up in a Better operating range also and makes lower speed operation smoother.
Hope this helps It did for me.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts

If you install extention hoses, you can leave the airbox and tank on the bike. All you need to get to is the adjustment screw, which you can do with a long set of needlenose pliers from the right side of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
16,862 Posts
If you install extention hoses, you can leave the airbox and tank on the bike. All you need to get to is the adjustment screw, which you can do with a long set of needlenose pliers from the right side of the bike.
Or.....you reach in with your hand like I do.;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
You don't always need to take off the tank to check the boots. In my case the throttle bodies were just sitting on top of the boots, I had used a large screwdriver to nudge the bodies to verify this. Also you may have a defective TPS throttle position sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts