StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last maintenance posting for the evening... then I have to find a place to stay in Merida for tomorrow night.

I was looking at my maintenance schedule. According the previous owner; they had done a throttle valve adjustment at 27,710 miles. I've now got about 37,800 miles on it. According to service manual; you're supposed to inspect this every 14,500 miles... which puts it at the same time my next valve adjustment is due.

In the spirit of trying to be less of a noob and learning more about my bike I wanted to see if I could try to do this myself. My service manual seems to indicate that I need a vacuum balancer guage which I definitely don't have in my toolbag pannier.

Is this something that I just do the next valve check if I find the tool? I was also perusing: http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-specific-wee-strom/29785-tps-adjustment-dealer-mode-tb-sync.html ; where pre '07 models are discussed (not sure if the method is any different than '07 - which may involve a dealer mode thing)... but the links are dead.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
How can I make my own throttle body sync tool? shows how to make a balancing tool. I would also add a plug with a small hole inside the tubing to slow the movement of the liquid and give more time to get the balance in the ball park before it can get sucked into the engine. '07s and later have an entirely different procedure from adjusting the linkage. Don't adjust the linkage on the later year 650s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts