StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed three different threads lately that have been deleted by "Unregistered", and wondered what was up with that. I thought only a moderator could delete threads.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The ones I saw were apparently massaged at a higher level than moderator and the software added the "unregistered". They were redirects of threads that were merged into already present threads on the subject. For example, one of the deleted threads was one merged into the Big Oil Thread but notice the Big Oil Thread is still available in the General Forum. The deleted threads I found were still available elsewhere. It was actually the thread redirects that were deleted. A redirected thread is one that has its title changed the "Moved to (new thread title)".

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
As Pat says it's the thread redirects that have been deleted.

Whenever I move a thread I always leave an expiring redirect. The redirect is usually for a week. For some reason, this forum leaves a deleted message when the redirect expires. I'm an Admin on another forum which uses the same software and it doesn't do this.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey there,

Can you provide us with a link to the sections where you notice this happening?

Richard.
I can't provide a link, because I can't click on the thread itself to get an address, but here is a screen capture of a page showing a thread deleted by "unregistered". It's at the very bottom of the page. It's on page 2 of the DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 + forum.

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
That's a thread I moved to the General forum because a seat pad is not model specific. It looks like that's what happens when a redirection notice expires.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Hey there,

Can you provide us with a link to the sections where you notice this happening?

Richard.
Richard, go to Page 2 of the Australia-New Zealand area and you'll see several. These bloody Aussies keep posting in their area! :D (Land Rover owners are worse!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts